Washingtonian Magazine Dubs Richard E. Wiley a "Star of the Bar;" Names a Dozen Attorneys to its List of DC's "Top Lawyers"
Richard E. Wiley was recognized as a "Star of the Bar" and Wiley Rein partners Rand L. Allen, Jan Witold Baran, James N. Czaban, H. Jason Gold, Carol A. Laham, Bruce G. Joseph, Scott M. McCaleb, Valerie P. Morrison, R. Michael Senkowski, Nancy Victory, James H. Wallace, Jr. and Richard E. Wiley were named among "Washington's Top Lawyers" by Washingtonian magazine. Joining an elite group of the top 1 percent of lawyers in the nation's capital, these attorneys represent the firm's diverse practices and reflect Wiley Rein's wealth of legal talent.
Included in a select group of the "top guns of the profession," Mr. Wiley—head of the firm's 80-attorney Communications Practice—is singled out as the "undisputed dean of the communications bar" and recognized for his involvement in the development of HDTV and his role in the recent $3.5 billion acquisition of XM Satellite Radio by Sirius Satellite. Joining him as top communications lawyers are Mr. Senkowski, chair of the firm's Telecommunications Practice, and Ms. Victory, chair of the firm's International Telecommunications Group.
Mr. Allen, chair of the firm's Government Contracts Practice, and Mr. McCaleb are named among the "leading attorneys [who] help companies bid for contracts and deal with the details of working with the government." They represent a practice that handles every aspect of government contracting for many of the nation's largest government contractors.
Among the "best lawyers to keep campaigns on track" are Mr. Baran, head of the firm's Election Law & Government Ethics Practice, and Ms. Laham. Together with a cadre of top-notch political attorneys, they advise clients and litigate on federal, state and local campaign finance laws, government ethics requirements and lobbying laws.
The list also recognizes Mr. Gold, chair of the firm's Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring Practice, and Ms. Morrison as among a "stellar group of bankruptcy attorneys." Mr. Gold has more than 25 years of experience counseling clients on restructuring and insolvency matters and has served as a bankruptcy trustee for more than 20 years. Ms. Morrison represents a diverse group of clients in financial restructuring matters, complex chapter 11 reorganization cases and bankruptcy litigation.
From the firm's Intellectual Property Practice, Washingtonian's Top Lawyers include Mr. Joseph, chair of Wiley Rein's Copyright Practice, and Mr. Wallace, chair of the Patent Practice. Mr. Joseph represents a wide range of clients in connection with copyright litigation, music and sound recording licensing, copyright and digital content protection legislation, inter-industry content protection activities and copyright licensing. Mr. Wallace is perhaps best known for securing one of the largest patent-infringement awards in history stemming from his representation of NTP in its dispute with Research in Motion, maker of the BlackBerry wireless device.
On the list of top FDA lawyers, Mr. Czaban was once again cited for his leading work in food and drug law. With extensive experience in government regulation of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, medical device and healthcare related companies, he counsels clients on complex regulatory strategies and compliance matters and representing clients in administrative and judicial enforcement actions and other proceedings involving the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Department of Justice (DoJ) and other federal and state agencies.
- Bid Protests
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Election Law & First Amendment Litigation
- Election Law & Government Ethics
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Federal Election Commission Representation
- Food & Drug
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Hatch-Waxman Act Litigation
- Health Care Contracting
- Intellectual Property
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Patent Litigation
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Tax-Exempt Organizations Compliance Counseling
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
- Technology Transactions
- Telecom, Media & Technology
Senior Communications Manager