For the past 30 years, members of Wiley’s Wireless Practice have helped the nation's leading carriers, trade associations, and equipment manufacturers work through myriad regulatory and business obstacles to develop into one of the most vibrant and critically important segments of the global economy. From the very first comparative hearings for cellular radio licenses to the most recent AWS-3 spectrum auctions, Wiley has been a leading architect in the design of U.S. regulatory policies that affect all aspects of radio spectrum usage.
Our professionals have expert knowledge in all areas of wireless communications, including commercial mobile radio services, microwave communications, satellite communications, private land mobile, aviation, maritime, and equipment authorization matters. We provide regulatory counseling to the nation's leading wireless carriers to ensure efficient compliance with government regulations. The Wireless Practice represents CTIA and the GSMA – the U.S. and global wireless trade associations – on broad policy matters affecting the entire industry. We counsel equipment manufacturers on spectrum allocation matters and equipment authorization requirements.
The Wireless Practice regularly pairs engineering professionals with attorneys who possess significant government, policy, and litigation experience to form client teams that know the legal, technical, and operational issues wireless companies face today. Since many of our attorneys previously served in high-level positions throughout the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), at the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), on Capitol Hill, and in telecommunications companies, our attorneys know the key industry and government players and understand how decisions are made. Our engineers are experts in spectrum management and FCC licensing matters and are skilled at translating real-world technical issues into relevant public policy positions. This combination of expertise allows us to provide clients with a full range of services to meet their business needs in a manner unmatched by any of our competitors.
Our capabilities include:
| || |
- Blockchain Technology
- Communications Enforcement & Compliance
- Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
- Digital Trade
- International & Internet
- Internet of Things
- Pole Attachment and Infrastructure Deployment Litigation and Counseling
- Privacy Investigations and Enforcement
- Space and Satellite
- Team Telecom
- Telephony & Information Technology
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- TMT Transactions
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Related News & Insights
- EventWireless Regulation, Spectrum, and Auctions Post-Election DiscussionWileyDecember 9, 2020Ari Meltzer, Katy J. Milner, Meredith G. Singer
- NewsletterWireless Roundup (December 2020)Wireless RoundupNovember 24, 2020
- NewsletterWireless Roundup (November 2020)Wireless RoundupNovember 2, 2020
- NewsletterWireless Roundup (October 2020)Wireless RoundupOctober 2020