Wiley’s Wireless Practice has helped the nation's leading carriers, trade associations, Internet of Things providers, and equipment manufacturers work through myriad regulatory and business obstacles to develop into one of the most vibrant and critically important segments of the global economy. From the very first comparative hearings for cellular radio licenses to the most recent spectrum auctions, Wiley has been a leading architect in the design of U.S. regulatory policies that affect all aspects of radio spectrum usage.
Our professionals have expert knowledge in all areas of wireless communications, including commercial mobile radio services, microwave communications, satellite communications, private land mobile, aviation, maritime, connected vehicles, and equipment authorization matters. We provide regulatory counseling to the nation's leading wireless carriers to ensure efficient compliance with government regulations. The Wireless Practice represents CTIA and the GSMA – the U.S. and global wireless trade associations – on broad policy matters affecting the entire industry. We counsel equipment manufacturers on spectrum allocation matters and equipment authorization requirements.
The Wireless Practice regularly pairs engineering professionals with attorneys who possess significant government, policy, and litigation experience to form client teams that know the legal, technical, and operational issues wireless companies face today. Since many of our attorneys previously served in high-level positions throughout the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), at the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), on Capitol Hill, and in telecommunications companies, our attorneys know the key industry and government players and understand how decisions are made. Our engineers are experts in spectrum management and FCC licensing matters and are skilled at translating real-world technical issues into relevant public policy positions. This combination of expertise allows us to provide clients with a full range of services to meet their business needs in a manner unmatched by any of our competitors.
Our capabilities include:
| || |
- Blockchain and Digital Assets
- Communications Enforcement & Compliance
- Connected & Autonomous Vehicles
- Digital Trade
- International & Internet
- Internet of Things
- Pole Attachment and Infrastructure Deployment Litigation and Counseling
- Space and Satellite
- Team Telecom
- Telecommunications & Broadband Service
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- TMT Appellate
- TMT Transactions
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and Advanced Air Mobility (AAM)
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterWireless Roundup (August 2021)Wireless RoundupJuly 29, 2021
- NewsletterWireless Roundup (July 2021)Wireless RoundupJune 30, 2021
- AlertFCC Releases Proposal to Tackle Security in Equipment Authorizations, Spectrum Auction Certifications, and BeyondJune 22, 2021Megan L. Brown, Anna M. Gomez, Amb. David A. Gross, Thomas M. Johnson, Jr., Katy J. Milner, Meredith G. Singer, Joshua S. Turner, David E. Hilliard, Michael L. Diakiwski
- EventFederal Infrastructure Investments and Latino Communities: BroadbandNational Hispanic Caucus of State LegislatorsJune 10, 2021Anna M. Gomez