Wiley’s Food & Drug Practice has the depth of experience and breadth of resources to effectively handle complex legal and regulatory challenges, as well as the more routine but crucial regulatory tasks required of U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-regulated companies in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, and dietary supplement industries. Our team members include attorneys who have worked at the FDA and as in-house counsel at large consumer product companies, and who have received independent recognition from numerous organizations as leaders in food and drug law.
We offer comprehensive services in the following broad areas:
- Regulatory compliance (assistance with appropriate responses to Warning Letters, Untitled Letters, Application Policy Letters, Clinical Investigator Disqualification Letters, and Clinical Hold Letters);
- Product development and approval strategies (Premarket Approval Applications and Premarket Submissions, including GRAS Notifications and Food Contact Notifications for the marketing of a range of regulated products, including novel food ingredients, food packaging materials and biotech products);
- Recalls (assisting companies that manufacture and distribute FDA-regulated products throughout the recall process);
- Promotion and advertising compliance and enforcement (FDA and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulation of advertising for prescription (Rx) and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs, foods, and dietary supplements);
- Due diligence and transactional support involving FDA regulatory issues (mergers & acquisitions, product acquisitions, licensing agreements, joint ventures, initial public offerings (IPOs), venture funding);
- Administrative advocacy and litigation before agencies and the courts (FDA meetings, administrative appeals, citizen petitions, Administrative Procedure Act (APA) litigation);
- Competitive regulatory strategies (lifecycle management, Hatch-Waxman patent litigation support); and
- Enforcement and white-collar defense.
Related News & Insights
- EventThe Impact of Tariffs on the IndustryApril 18, 2019Tracy Heinzman
- AlertU.S. Congress Passes 2018 Farm Bill with Significant Provision Relating to Plant BiostimulantsDecember 14, 2018Keith A. Matthews
- AlertThe Granston Doctrine Comes to Life: Gilead Demonstrates the Dexterity of the Government's Dismissal Powers in False Claims Suits, but Leaves Some Questions UnansweredDecember 7, 2018Michelle B. Bradshaw, Brandon J. Moss
- Media MentionNick Peterson Comments on Use of Granston Memo in Light of DOJ’s FCA Suit DismissalLaw360December 6, 2018Nick Peterson