Effective Date and Last Updated: June 29, 2023
Table of Contents
The Information We Collect
How We Collect Information
How We Use Information
Sharing of Personal Information
Cookies and Other Technologies
Information from Minors
EU-UK Privacy Notice
Wiley may collect information from and about you when you engage with our Sites or Services. The categories of information that we may collect include:
Identity Information including first name, last name, title, company name, and other information for tailoring our engagement with you.
Contact Information including email address, physical address, telephone number, billing address.
Professional Information including bar and CLE information, education and job history, and publicly available and other information about your professional identity.
Social Media Information including account handle, public information you may share on social networks, and the information you share.
Internet or Technical Information including IP address, browser type, operating system, and platform.
Usage Information including how you use our Sites or Services, such as which pages you visit on our Sites, your readership data and history, or otherwise how you engage with the Services.
Preference Information includes your preferences to receive alerts, updates, and other marketing communication from us; your areas of interest; your dietary preferences when you attend onsite events; and other preferences for how we engage with you to help us tailor our Services to you.
We may collect this information from various sources, including:
- Directly from you when you engage with our Sites or Services, such as by registering for a webinar, signing up to receive alerts, or sending us communications.
- Automatically when you interact with our Sites, such as by visiting the Site.
- From social media platforms.
- From event sponsors, joint marketing partners, legal publishing partners, and other partners when they share information with us.
- From publicly available databases and vendors.
We may use this information for the following business purposes:
- To perform the service you requested, such as to register you for a webinar or deliver an alert.
- To respond to your inquiries or comments when you have contacted us.
- To operate, provide, support, and/or develop our Sites and Services, including by conducting data analysis.
- To perform due diligence.
- To provide marketing material that may be of interest to you.
- To maintain up-to-date and accurate contact information about you.
- For fraud or security monitoring purposes or to enforce our terms and conditions.
- To satisfy our legal and regulatory requirements.
We may share personal information with:
- Our affiliates.
- Our service providers that assist us in providing our Sites and Services.
- Our third party website analytics partners.
- Our marketing or event partners.
- Other parties pursuant to your direction, for example, with state bar associations in connection with your request for CLE credit.
- Other entities as required to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to cooperate with government authorities.
- Other entities in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Wiley's assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company
Marketing: You may always opt-out of marketing communication from us by following the unsubscribe link in material we send you.
Do Not Track: We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
We use reasonable and appropriate security standards consistent with our industry to protect your personal information. However, no security standards can be guaranteed to be 100% effective.
We retain personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed to perform the business purpose for which it was collected and consistent with applicable law. We strive to limit our retention of personal information to the least amount of time needed.
Our Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we are informed that our Sites or Services have collected personal information from a child, we will promptly take appropriate action.
You may have additional privacy rights pursuant to other privacy laws in other jurisdictions. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact us at: email@example.com.