Wiley attorneys are adept at guiding contractors through the procurement procedures and rules relating to a variety of different contract vehicles, such as commercial item contracts, multiple award indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contracts, U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) multiple award schedule (MAS) contracts, and Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs). See Scrutiny Over Commercial Item Contracts Continues; Rough Waters Ahead: Navigating Through the Risks and Uncertainties Surrounding GSA’s MAS Schedule Program.
Our experience includes:
- Advising clients regarding the GSA-specific clauses that apply to MAS and GWAC contracts, including commercial sales practices (CSP) disclosures, price reductions, audits/contractor assist visits, and other GSA Schedule contracting issues.
- Advising clients regarding the different terms and conditions that apply to contracts for commercial items under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 12, including assisting commercial item contractors with pricing issues, claims and disputes, and terminations of commercial item contracts.
- Advising clients regarding the unique requirements that apply to the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) when it uses commercial item contracts for weapons acquisition programs.
- Assisting clients with GSA audits, subpoenas, and suspension and debarment proceedings.
- Working closely with commercial IT vendors and other commercial companies that are entering the government marketplace for the first time to help develop an understanding of the unique rules, regulations, and compliance obligations associated with government contracts.
- Bid Protests
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Crisis Management for Government Contractors
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Federal Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA)
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts SBIR Series
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterNational Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021 Includes Numerous Provisions Impacting Government ContractorsGovernment Contracts Issue UpdateFebruary 2021Tracye Winfrey Howard, Megan L. Brown, Kendra Perkins Norwood, Nicholas L. Perry, Jennifer Eve Retener
- NewsletterGSA & OMB Implement E-Commerce ProvisionGovernment Contracts Issue UpdateFebruary 2018J. Ryan Frazee, Lindy C. Bathurst
- AlertDOD Revamps Commercial Item DeterminationsFebruary 5, 2018Tracye Winfrey Howard, Cara L. Lasley
- AlertGSA Expands Schedule Contractors’ Authority to Provide Off-Schedule Materials and Services Without Using “Open-Market” ProceduresJanuary 25, 2018Kevin J. Maynard, Gary S. Ward