We represent acquirers and sellers in the structuring, negotiation, documentation, and closing of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, exchanges, and joint ventures. We have the depth to complete large, complex transactions, and the breadth to efficiently complete a high volume of deals, whether small or large. Following are some examples of our mergers and acquisition transactions:
- Multiple, complex asset and stock acquisitions by a rapidly growing national broadcaster starting with five stations to now over 250 stations.
- The sale of 16 television stations for $1.24 billion to five separate buyers in coordinated transactions.
- The coordinated divestiture and acquisition of more than 200 radio stations valued at more than $5 billion in 23 deals in connection with the largest merger in radio industry history.
- A $27 million acquisition of an electronic warfare systems business unit by a major defense contractor.
- An $825 million sale of an information systems group.
- The acquisition by a telecommunications solutions provider of data and Internet operations serving Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, El Salvador, Mexico, and Panama.
- The sale through merger of 31 Spanish language full power and low power television stations with a transaction value in excess of $80 million.
- A $129 million acquisition of a cable system in the U.S. Territory of Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Acting as lead counsel for the world’s largest out-of-home media company in its divestiture and acquisition of more than 200 radio stations, valued at more than $5 billion, in more than 20 separate but coordinated deals in connection with the largest merger in radio industry history.
- Acquiring 25 radio stations in a time-sensitive transaction that involved resolving numerous complex issues on a highly accelerated schedule, including completing due diligence, drafting and negotiating definitive documents, gaining prompt regulatory approval, and completing the closing.
- Negotiating, documenting, and closing hundreds of other radio deals throughout the country.
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseNineteen Wiley Rein Practices Recognized in U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” RankingsNovember 2, 2015
- Press ReleaseTwenty-Two Wiley Rein Attorneys Recognized Across 17 Practice Areas in the 2016 Edition of Best LawyersAugust 17, 2015Rand L. Allen, Ralph J. Caccia, Jennifer D. Hindin, Theodore A. Howard, Bruce L. McDonald, Bert W. Rein, Daniel J. Standish, Lawrence M. Sung, Michael E. Toner, David B. Weinberg, Richard E. Wiley
- EventM&A in Government Contracting: How to Navigate a Transaction, Before and After with a Focus on 'What Matters'GWSCPA's 11th Annual Government Contractors ConferenceJune 11, 2015Kay Tatum