The Telephony & Information Technology Practice counsels a broad range of clients on communications matters. Attorneys represent clients in regulatory proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission, Congress, the National Telecommunications and Information Administration, and state regulatory agencies. Attorneys have substantive expertise in the federal and state regulatory requirements that apply to traditional telecommunications services, broadband services, and emergency technologies, including the rules governing Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video services delivered via IP networks.
In addition to traditional regulatory work, the Practice also advises clients regarding mergers and acquisitions in the communications sector. Attorneys in the group conduct regulatory due diligence and obtain any necessary federal and state regulatory approvals in connection with such transactions.
Finally, attorneys draft and negotiate a range of commercial agreements – including end user and wholesale contracts – for both buyers and sellers of communications services. These agreements cover such services as domestic and international voice, dedicated access, private line, Ethernet, MPLS, IP-based transport, roaming, and Wi-Fi.
Our capabilities include:
- Broadband Regulation, Including Net Neutrality Requirements
- Customer Privacy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Transactions
- Universal Service and Intercarrier Compensation
- Video Issues
- VoIP Regulations
Representative clients include:
- AT&T, Inc.
- Puerto Rico Telephone
- Virgin Islands Telephone
- Vermont Telephone
- Blockchain Technology
- Communications Enforcement & Compliance
- Digital Trade
- International & Internet
- Internet of Things
- Pole Attachment and Infrastructure Deployment Litigation and Counseling
- Space and Satellite
- Telephony & Information Technology
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- TMT Transactions
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
Related News & Insights
- Media MentionBennett Ross Comments on Justice Department’s Challenge to California Net Neutrality LawOctober 4, 2018
- Media MentionBennett Ross Weighs In on FCC’s Plan to Reverse 2015 Net Neutrality RulesMay 10, 2017
- Press ReleaseWhistleblower Suit Against DISH and Its Affiliates Unsealed in Federal District CourtSeptember 23, 2016
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Secures Favorable Enforcement Decision for The Vermont Telephone CompanyMay 11, 2016