Kevin’s practice centers on the legal and policy issues surrounding both traditional and emerging communications technologies. He is a nationally recognized authority on key issues affecting the telecom industry. Prior to his arrival at the firm, Kevin was Vice President of Law and Policy at USTelecom, where he represented Fortune 500 companies in the wireline broadband marketplace. In that role, he frequently served as a liaison between association members and government agencies and Congress.
- Assisted in development of rule changes resulting in major reforms to the FCC’s pole attachment regulations.
- Secured federal government funding on behalf of association members.
- Recognized as an industry expert in the area of illegal robocalls.
- Created and managed a cross-industry working group focused on combating consumer fraud.
- Delivered expert testimony before the U.S. Senate on multiple occasions.
- Worked with recognized policy experts at Fortune 500 companies.
- Vice President, Law & Policy, United States Telecom Association (2005-2019)
- General Counsel, Bluemont Vineyard, LLC (2007-Present)
- Associate, Private Law Firm (2000-2005)
- Law Clerk, Mobex communications, Inc. (1998-2000)
- Logistics Officer, United States Marine Corps (1997-1998)
- Law Clerk, Private Law Firm (1997)
- Material Operations Director, Counterpart International (1995-1997)
- Logistics Officer, United States Marine Corps (1990-1995)
J.D., Washington College of Law, American University
B.A., Fordham University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostSixth Circuit Enters TCPA Autodialer FrayWiley ConnectKevin G. Rupy, Kathleen E. Scott, Boyd GarriottAugust 3, 2020
- ArticleInsight: SCOTUS Curtails Government Power to Regulate Through Speech RestrictionBloomberg LawBert W. Rein, Kevin G. RupyJuly 28, 2020
- AlertFCC Robocall Action Adopts Key Safe Harbors and Seeks Input on TRACED Act ImplementationMegan L. Brown, Scott D. Delacourt, Kevin G. Rupy, Kathleen E. ScottJuly 20, 2020
- AlertAfter Years of Uncertainty, the Supreme Court Will Address “Autodialer” Under the TCPAMegan L. Brown, Scott D. Delacourt, Kevin G. Rupy, Kathleen E. Scott, Boyd GarriottJuly 10, 2020