Edgar has extensive experience representing U.S. and multinational companies on regulatory and transactional matters involving telecommunications services. His experience includes representation before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Congress, and the Administration. Edgar is a past president of the Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia and serves as chair of the firm’s Latinx Lawyers Affinity Group.
- Advises clients on transactions involving the transfer, assignment or lease of FCC licenses and authorizations, including companies seeking to invest in FCC-regulated entities.
- Provides regulatory advice on FCC spectrum auctions, spectrum allocation proceedings, wireless licensing and policy matters.
- Assists clients in obtaining foreign ownership approvals, including the preparation and prosecution of Petitions for Declaratory Ruling under Section 310(b) of the Communications Act.
- Advises clients on national security issues.
- Counsels clients in FCC enforcement and compliance matters, from the negotiation of settlement agreements to the development and implementation of compliance plans.
- Represents several major international telecommunications companies on Universal Service Fund matters before the FCC and the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC).
- Develops practical, client-focused strategies to ensure compliance with the FCC’s rules and regulations.
- Negotiates commercial contracts related to telecommunications services and customers.
- Successfully represents clients on numerous E-Rate appeals before the FCC.
- Successfully represented a major airline providing Wi-Fi service to its frequent flyers in an FCC proceeding involving Over-the-Air-Reception-Devices rules against an airport requiring the airline to cease such operations.
- Attorney, Federal Communications Commission, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau (1998-2000)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Wireline Committee (2020-2022)
- Co-Chair, Journal Committee (2011-2013)
- Co-Chair, Diversity Committee (2002-2004, 2007-2010)
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee (2006-2007)
- Co-Chair, Relations With Other Bar Associations Committee (2005-2006)
- Nominations Committee (2004)
- Federal Communications Bar Association Foundation
- Co-Chair, Internship Stipend Committee (2011-2012)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia (HBA-DC)
- President (2016)
- President-Elect (2015)
- Board of Directors (2013-2014)
- Chair, Professional Development Committee (2011-2012, 2014)
- Selected by Latino Leaders Magazine as a Top Latino Lawyer (Winter 2019 edition)
- Named one of City Year Washington, DC's Idealists of the Year (2012)
- Recipient of the Federal Communications Bar Association's Distinguished Service Award (2011-2012)
J.D., cum laude, American University Washington College of Law
B.A., American University
Note and Comment Editor, Administrative Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- AlertFCC Propone Cambios Significativos en la Regulación del Servicio Internacional de Telecomunicaciones; Tendrá un Impacto sobre Operadores y la Comunidad de InversiónEdgar ClassMay 11, 2023
- EventThe FCC’s Proposed Changes to Regulation of International Telecommunications ServiceWiley WebinarMay 9, 2023
- AlertThe FCC Releases International Section 214 Order and NPRM, Proposing Major Changes to the Regulation of International Telecommunications ServiceDaniel P. Brooks, Edgar Class, Wayne D. Johnsen, Eve Klindera Reed, Kevin G. Rupy, Scott Bouboulis, Jillian M. QuigleyApril 27, 2023
- AlertFCC To Propose Sweeping Changes to Regulation of International Telecommunications ServiceDaniel P. Brooks, Megan L. Brown, Edgar Class, Wayne D. Johnsen, Eve Klindera Reed, Kevin G. RupyMarch 31, 2023