With extensive experience and a deep understanding of our clients’ businesses, market dynamics, and regulatory obligations, our Corporate attorneys work with colleagues across the firm’s practices to ensure highly complex transactions are structured to meet clients’ targeted business goals.
The first step to gaining the advantage in corporate negotiations is to understand and anticipate market trends, while balancing acceptable levels of risk. Clients look to us for industry guidance to ensure they are in regulatory compliance and to forecast potential developments that could impact their business. Our Corporate partners all have more than 20 years of experience handling a wide variety of acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, and restructuring transactions, by both public and private mid-market companies, with transaction values ranging from less than $1 million to more than $2 billion, often in highly regulated industries, including:
- Government Contracts
- New Media/Broadcasting
- Health Care
Our collaborative team has unparalleled industry and regulatory knowledge, extensive deal experience, and lawyers with the discerning legal skills to provide a comprehensive range of transactional services required by our clients. We have a strong transactional focus, with substantial experience in:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Joint Ventures
- Business and Capital Formation
- Debt and Equity Financing
- IP Licensing
- Supply Chain Management
- Commercial Contracts
- Real Property Leases
- Corporate Governance Matters
What we do.
Our lawyers represent large and small businesses, startups, entrepreneurs, technology companies, and nonprofit organizations, specializing in working with clients in highly regulated industries.
We are known for:
- Our depth of experience – we are often called upon to serve as outside general counsel to private companies and exempt organizations, advising on the full range of business and legal matters to assist executives and management in achieving their objectives, consistent with applicable requirements and best practices.
- Our long-standing relationships with clients – providing consistency for all of their corporate needs, including the structuring of distribution agreements, venture formation and structure, debt and equity funding, mergers and acquisitions (M&A),strategic alliances, and commercial contracts and leases.
- Working seamlessly with technology clients as if we were part of their in-house counsel team, ensuring that clients’ needs are met regarding technology, intellectual property, outsourcing and service agreements, data licensing, strategic alliances, and provision of services to the government.
- Advising companies, boards of directors, and committees on corporate compliance and governance matters, including the establishment of appropriate policies and procedures, best practices for responding to investigations, and compliance with corporate formalities, state laws, and other regulations impacting organizations.
Why we are different.
We are strategic business advisors who closely monitor activities and regulatory changes, including summaries of recent deals, filings, and court documents to stay abreast of current trends and to keep clients apprised of developments impacting their businesses.
In particular, we are:
- Responsive –understanding the needs of our clients so we can quickly offer legal advice on complex business transactions, including assessments of risks and opportunities, in a manner that advances their business goals.
- Trainers – providing clients with practical know-how, legal research, and essential tools to get up to speed quickly, save time, and protect the bottom line.
- Efficient – achieving maximum productivity with minimum wasted effort or expense, and providing actionable, easily understandable legal advice specific to our clients’ challenges and objectives.
- Risk aware – closely analyzing the risks and rewards to strike a balance of acceptable risk when needed for new business strategies, developing innovative financing structures, the sales and acquisitions of various assets, and the licensing of technology to federal, state, and local governments.
- Thought leaders – often called upon to share insights at industry conferences and events, as well as through educational webinars and article analysis in leading industry and trade publications.
- Global counselors – frequently handling acquisitions and joint ventures among international parties in the United States and abroad, including with strategic alliances, domestic and international financings, and cross-border transactions.
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognizes More Than 40 Individuals in Eighth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationNovember 3, 2020Theodore A. Howard, Mary E. Borja, Rachel A. Alexander, Kathryn Bucher, Christine E. Connelly, Samantha S. Lee, Brandon J. Moss, Stephen J. Obermeier, Antonio J. Reynolds, Jeremy J. Schofer, Richard A. Simpson, Richard W. Smith, Scott B. Wilkens, Lukman S. Azeez, Ashley E. Bouchez, Louisa Brooks, Spencer C. Brooks, Frank H. Chang, Madeline J. Cohen, Stephen J. Conley, Katelyn Cramp, Ashley L. Criss, Douglas C. Dreier, Boyd Garriott, Vesna K. Harasic-Yaksic, Chloe Hawker, Derick G. Holt, Alexander R. Lichtenstein, Nick Peterson, Ysabelle G. Reyes, Nicole Audet Richardson, John Allen Riggins, Hume M. Ross, Tatiana Sainati, Rebecca L. Saitta, Enbar Toledano, Martha G. Vázquez, Nicole M. Welbourn, Holly Wilson
- NewsletterIRS Form 990 Filing Due November 16, 2020Election Law NewsSeptember 2020Thomas W. Antonucci
- Media MentionThomas Antonucci Discusses IRS’s Test for Impermissible Political InterventionTax NotesJune 17, 2020Thomas W. Antonucci
- AlertSBA Clarifies Payroll Cost Forgiveness Limitation for PPP LoansJune 11, 2020Thomas W. Antonucci, Jessica N. Rosenthal, Peter S. Hyun