Uniquely positioned to address the most nuanced environmental and consumer product issues facing businesses today, the Environment & Product Regulation Practice is deeply embedded in DC – and all of the agencies that our dynamic clients partner with.
Consumer products are among the most heavily regulated and scrutinized assets in the marketplace, but they are also one of the most revolutionary spaces for innovation on the national and global stage. This is where we thrive.
What we do.
Our multidisciplinary team comprises lawyers, consultants, and regulatory analysts who are ideally suited to assist with legal and business challenges across every single phase of the life cycle of a consumer product, including:
- Product development and premarket approval
- Sourcing, supply chain, and transactional support
- Manufacturing and materials
- Regulation and policy
- Compliance and enforcement
- Marketing and advertising
- Transportation, import, and export
- Recalls and reverse distribution
- Product stewardship and recycling
We have particular environmental and product experience in a variety of industries, including:
- Children’s products
- Household products
- Emerging technology (including biotechnology-based products and nanoscale materials)
- Oil and gas
- Pesticides (including antimicrobials and biocides)
- Products powered by small nonroad engines
Why we are different.
The practice additionally brings in-depth knowledge to such critical environmental matters as:
- Biotechnology, biofuels, and renewable energy
- Clean Air Act (CAA) and air emissions
- Climate change
- Endangered species
- Energy efficiency and sustainability
- Environmental regulation, litigation, and enforcement
- Occupational health and safety
We are dedicated to helping our clients navigate cross-cutting regulatory issues alongside some of the most powerful federal agencies in DC, as well as providing representation in regulatory and legislative matters at the state level. The agencies we work with include:
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC)
- U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
For timely commentary on environmental and product regulation matters, visit The WELL, the Wiley Environmental Law Line. Our team knows how to get things done in DC and we use this blog to offer guidance on a range of issues in the federal policy space, empowering environmental professionals with the “what” and the “why” behind the most pressing product regulation and compliance topics facing our nation and our planet.
The firm publishes a periodic environment and safety related newsletter.
Product Stewardship & Sustainability Report covers areas of law and regulation in which product stewardship and sustainability principles play a central role including consumer product and transportation safety; battery, electronic waste and other hazardous materials recycling; pesticide registration; food safety protection; and pharmaceutical regulation.
To view recent issues, click here.
- Climate Change
- Compliance and Enforcement
- Emerging Technologies
- End-of-Life Product Management
- Endangered Species
- Energy Efficiency
- Environmental Regulation, Litigation, and Counseling
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
- Import, Export, and Transportation
- Manufacturing and Materials Restrictions
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Pesticides and FIFRA
- Product Safety
- Product Stewardship and Recycling
- Recalls and Reverse Distribution
- Supply Chain and Transactional Support
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
Related News & Insights
- EventAlgae in Animal Feeds: Effective Market Entry2020 Algae Biomass SummitAugust 27, 2020Martha E. Marrapese
- Media MentionErik Baptist Discusses EPA’s Critical Use Exemption Process Under TSCAChemical WatchAugust 3, 2020Erik C. Baptist
- Press ReleaseWiley Welcomes Ann Begley and Gary Yingling, Expanding the Firm’s FDA Regulatory CapabilitiesJuly 27, 2020Ann M. Begley, Gary Yingling
- Media MentionErik Baptist Comments on Lawsuit Challenging EPA’s First Chemical Risk EvaluationBloomberg LawJuly 21, 2020Erik C. Baptist