We provide a wide array of services related to the construction, operation, ownership, and management of communications facilities, including the leasing, financing, construction, and acquisition of towers, and tower and studio sites. Our experience includes:
- Advising in the sale of towers by broadcasters to tower companies.
- Evaluating and transferring hundreds of tower and transmitter sites in connection with broadcast acquisitions, dispositions, and mergers.
- Negotiating, documenting, and transferring hundreds of ground leases and tower space leases and licenses on behalf of both tower owners and tenants.
- Financing broadcast companies and other communications businesses secured in part by tower and transmission facilities and sites.
- Negotiating and preparing a wide variety of tower and site construction, management, and technical service agreements.
- Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulation of facilities siting, signal interference, construction, marking and lighting, radio frequency emissions, tower registration, pole attachment, and local zoning.
- Federal Aviation Administration rules on hazards to air navigation and clearance procedures.
- Digital facility construction and related new tower construction issues.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards, environmental impact, wildlife protection, cultural and historic preservation, native tribe consultation, and the Nationwide Programmatic Agreements for the Collocation of Wireless Antennas among the FCC, the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP), and the National Conference of State Historic Preservation Officers (NCSHPO).
- Leasing of commercial office space on behalf of tenants in the D.C. Metropolitan Area and elsewhere.