Benchmark Litigation Recognizes Wiley and Seven of Its Partners for 2024
Washington, DC – Wiley Rein LLP is pleased to announce that the firm and seven of its partners have been recognized in the 2024 edition of the Benchmark Litigation guide. Wiley was recommended by Benchmark for dispute resolution in the District of Columbia.
The following Wiley attorneys are recognized in the 2024 guide as “Litigation Stars”:
- Lukman Azeez, named a “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation, represents clients in commercial disputes, constitutional and civil rights law, and U.S. Supreme Court and appellate litigation. He litigates a wide array of commercial cases, ranging from contract, fraud, and misappropriation disputes to shareholder and derivative actions, and intellectual property and trademark disputes.
- Attison L. Barnes, III represents clients in complex commercial, government contracts, employment, and internet IP litigation and arbitration disputes, including breach of contract, business torts, fraud, teaming disputes, conspiracy, improper solicitation, administrative and statutory violations, protection of proprietary information, trademark protection, and trade secret misappropriation. He manages high-stakes litigation including class-action litigation.
- Ralph J. Caccia, also recognized as a “National Practice Area Star,” focuses on the defense of criminal and civil government enforcement actions, corporate internal investigations, and political and congressional investigations. He defends companies and their executives in complex cases involving healthcare fraud; the False Claims Act; the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act; antitrust; contract, grant, and procurement fraud; whistleblower allegations; and securities fraud.
- Stephen J. Obermeier represents corporations, financial institutions, national political organizations, political campaigns, nonprofits, trade associations, and individuals in a wide range of domestic and international disputes involving the most sensitive and high-profile commercial, political, jurisdictional, and criminal issues. He also has experience conducting internal investigations for corporate clients in response to government allegations of misconduct.
- Tatiana Sainati, recognized as a “Future Star” and named to Benchmark’s 2023 “40 & Under List,” crafts tailored strategies to win high-stakes, bet-the-company litigations. She leverages her expertise in international, comparative, and human rights law to assist clients involved in complex, multijurisdictional disputes positioned in domestic and international courts and tribunals across a range of industries.
- Richard W. Smith is an experienced trial litigator whose practice covers environmental, health care, intellectual property, antitrust, product liability, business tort, and complex commercial litigation. Among other high-profile litigation matters, his cases have ranged from multibillion-dollar antitrust bundling and anti-corruption efforts, defamation and intellectual property disputes, and various constitutional and election law cases.
- Gregory M. Williams, also named by Benchmark as a 2023 “International Arbitration Litigator of the Year,” heads Wiley’s Global Disputes Practice, focusing on complex commercial litigation and arbitration. Williams serves as lead counsel in multiple high-profile, high-stakes proceedings involving several billions of dollars in dispute.
The publication’s featured litigators are determined through months of research, which includes extensive interviews to identify leading litigators and firms. The guide recognizes firms and attorneys who Benchmark Litigation believes have “displayed the ability to consistently handle complex, high-stakes cases in multiple jurisdictions.”
Maria Woehr Aronson
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Manager