Lukman is a trial and appellate litigator. He has represented individuals and corporations in Chapter 13 bankruptcy matters, Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act cases, False Claims Act cases, civil rights cases, and criminal investigations. Lukman has written appellate briefs in several federal courts of appeals and at both the certiorari and merits stages at the U.S. Supreme Court. Lukman speaks or reads, with varying degrees of proficiency, English, French, Italian, and Yoruba and frequently works with lawyers in foreign jurisdictions.
- Successfully defended foreign sovereign in a multidistrict litigation before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented consulting firm in a case involving the reasonable interpretation of Rule 2014 of the Bankruptcy Code before a federal bankruptcy court, district court, and court of appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Successfully defended individuals in a U.S. Department of Justice criminal investigation involving price-fixing in the international freight shipping industry.
- Associate, Private law practice (2016-2019)
- Law Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2014-2016)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory of “Ones to Watch” for Appellate Law (2021)
J.D., Yale Law School
M.B.A., Yale School of Management
B.A., Highest Distinction, University of Michigan
Executive Editor, Yale Journal of Law and Technology
Editor, Yale Law and Policy Review
Editor, Yale Journal on Regulation
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Evan J. Wallach, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2014-2016)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
Related News & Insights
- Press Release28 Wiley Attorneys Recognized Across 17 Practice Areas in 2021 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 20, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Files Supreme Court Amicus Brief Supporting Petition Asking the Court to Apply Title VII Racial Discrimination Protection to Military ServicemembersAugust 17, 2020
- EventEffectively Pivoting in the Face of New RealitiesCapital Area Muslim Bar Association (CAMBA)June 20, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Helps Adoption Agency File Comments Opposing Federal Rule Allowing Discrimination In Adoption And Foster ServicesJanuary 30, 2020