Tatiana’s practice covers complex commercial litigation, arbitration, and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). She represents corporate clients involved in commercial and international litigations and arbitrations, including government contracts, healthcare, intellectual property, personal injury and other contract and tort disputes positioned in domestic and international courts and tribunals.
Prior to joining Wiley, Tatiana served as a Legal Adviser to Judge Rosemary Barkett on the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal in the Hague, advising on complex, politically sensitive state-to-state cases, and as a law clerk to the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Represents a real estate developer in an arbitration seated in Singapore involving disputes under a joint venture agreement to build a city.
- Represents a shipping and mining company in a commercial arbitration seated in Geneva in a dispute involving cargo rights.
- Represented multinational defense contractor in defense of claims related to a terminated contract under the U.S. Foreign Military Sales Program.
- Advised one of the nation’s largest health insurers with respect to formulary development.
- Represented multiple clients in complex international arbitrations involving novel issues of jurisdiction and sovereign immunity.
- Defended large Central European oil and gas company from corruption allegations in ongoing arbitration against European sovereign.
- Conducted internal investigations with Croatian and Middle Eastern clients to lay groundwork for arbitrations involving multiple sovereign states.
- Adjunct Professor, International Investment Arbitration, Northeastern University Law School (2019-Present)
- Private law practice (2016-2018)
- Legal Adviser, Judge Rosemary Barkett, Iran-United States Claims Tribunal (2013-2014)
- Legal Intern, Business and Professional People for the Public Interest (2012)
- Summer Legal Associate, Documentation Center of Cambodia (2011)
- Secretary, Women in International Law Interest Group, American Society of International Law
- Editorial Board, American Bar Association (ABA) Litigation Journal
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory of “Ones to Watch” for Commercial Litigation (2021-2022) and Alternative Dispute Resolution (2022)
LL.M., magna cum laude, Duke University School of Law; Order of the Coif
J.D., magna cum laude, Duke University School of Law; Order of the Coif
M.A., University of Virginia
B.A., Northwestern University
Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal
- Law Clerk for the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2015-2016)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- California Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseFive Wiley Partners Named as “Litigation Stars” by Benchmark LitigationOctober 6, 2022
- Press Release54 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 18, 2022
- Blog PostThe New York Convention in Space: International Arbitration of Satellite DisputesWiley ConnectTatiana Sainati, Joshua B. SimmonsAugust 18, 2022
- AlertThe Door Closes on Section 1782 Discovery: U.S. Supreme Court Interprets Controversial Law with Decisive Consequences for International ArbitrationGregory M. Williams, Tatiana Sainati, Joshua B. Simmons, Natalia Maria SzlarbJune 13, 2022