Tatiana leverages her expertise in international, comparative, and human rights law to assist clients involved in complex, multijurisdictional disputes positioned in domestic and international courts and tribunals across a range of industries. She specializes in developing a comprehensive understanding of her clients’ business goals and needs to craft tailored strategies to win high-stakes, bet-the-company litigations, adhere to internal and external stakeholder expectations, and avoid incurring reputational or operational risk.
Prior to joining Wiley, Tatiana served as a Legal Adviser to Judge Rosemary Barkett on the Iran-United States Claims Tribunal in the Hague, advising on complex, politically sensitive state-to-state cases, and as a law clerk to the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Represents a real estate developer in an arbitration seated in Singapore involving disputes under a joint venture agreement to build a city.
- Represents a shipping and mining company in a commercial arbitration seated in Geneva in a dispute involving cargo rights.
- Represented multinational defense contractor in defense of claims related to a terminated contract under the U.S. Foreign Military Sales Program.
- Advised one of the nation’s largest health insurers with respect to formulary development.
- Represented multiple clients in complex international arbitrations involving novel issues of jurisdiction and sovereign immunity.
- Defended large Central European oil and gas company from corruption allegations in ongoing arbitration against European sovereign.
- Conducted internal investigations with Croatian and Middle Eastern clients to lay groundwork for arbitrations involving multiple sovereign states.
- Adjunct Professor, International Investment Arbitration, Northeastern University Law School (2019-2022)
- Private law practice (2016-2018)
- Legal Adviser, Judge Rosemary Barkett, Iran-United States Claims Tribunal (2013-2014)
- Legal Intern, Business and Professional People for the Public Interest (2012)
- Summer Legal Associate, Documentation Center of Cambodia (2011)
- Editorial Board, American Bar Association (ABA) Litigation Journal
- Included in Benchmark Litigation guide as a "Litigation Star" (2023-2024), a "Future Star" (2024), and named to the guide's "40 & Under" List
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory of “Ones to Watch” for Commercial Litigation (2021-2024) and Alternative Dispute Resolution (2023-2024)
LL.M., magna cum laude, Duke University School of Law; Order of the Coif
J.D., magna cum laude, Duke University School of Law; Order of the Coif
M.A., University of Virginia
B.A., Northwestern University
Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal
- Law Clerk for the Honorable M. Margaret McKeown, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (2015-2016)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- California Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseBenchmark Litigation Recognizes Wiley and Seven of Its Partners for 2024October 6, 2023
- Article9th Circ. Ruling Shows International Arbitration Jurisdictional SnagsLaw360Gregory M. Williams, Tatiana Sainati, Joshua B. SimmonsAugust 23, 2023
- Press Release64 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 17, 2023
- EventPanel on Enforcement of Arbitral Awards Post Achmea, Komstroy & PL HoldingsGW - International Arbitration Students AssociationMarch 24, 2023