Blockchain technology and digital assets are rapidly changing the way companies, markets and many governments operate. We advise clients from startups to established industry leaders on blockchain initiatives, distributed ledger technology (DLT), cryptocurrencies, and digital assets. Our expertise spans financial services (including DeFi), venture capital, manufacturing, retail, health care, insurance, telecommunications, energy, intellectual property management, cloud technology, the Internet of Things (IoT), and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
Our team has an unrivaled combination of regulatory, compliance, intellectual property, litigation, insurance, and government enforcement experience, and a long history of working on regulatory, litigation, and enforcement matters regarding emerging technology. Our team is uniquely positioned to help clients develop and implement blockchain and DLT strategies surrounding supply-chain management, smart contracts, tokenization, and digital assets, in the United States and across the globe.
The attorneys in our Practice are thought leaders with sophisticated technology regulatory, transactional, and litigation experience. They are routinely asked to write and speak on complex issues related to the development, implementation, and regulation of blockchain and crypto-assets. Our recent experience includes, for example, advising clients on multi-national strategies for blockchain and DLT implementation, representing clients in the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) inquiries, and advising on the implementation of cutting-edge staking services.
Our expertise includes:
- Blockchain and DLT technology adoption and implementation, including product viability, development, and solution strategy
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) requirements
- SEC, CFTC, and DOJ regulations and investigations
- Privacy laws and regulations, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Sanctions and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements
- Regulatory approaches to mining and staking services
- International governance frameworks for blockchain and digital assets
- Consumer protection regulations and investigations, including at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and from State Attorneys General
- Corporate governance and cross-national regulatory frameworks
- Cryptocurrency trading platform regulation and enforcement
- Cybersecurity, risk consultation, and data privacy
- Technology transactions
- Public policy and government affairs
- Federal and state investigations and enforcement defense
- Insurance products, coverage, and disputes
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostBipartisan Legislation Promises Scrutiny of Tech: IoT, AI, UAVs, Blockchain, and MoreWiley ConnectSeptember 8, 2020Megan L. Brown
- Media MentionDuane Pozza Discusses Increasing Regulatory Scrutiny of Cryptocurrency CompaniesCointelegraphOctober 11, 2019Duane C. Pozza
- EventUnderstanding Smart Contracts & How They Work2019 SCG Legal Annual Meeting & 30th Anniversary CelebrationSeptember 6, 2019Duane C. Pozza
- Press ReleaseAntonio Reynolds, Financial Services Attorney and Former Federal Prosecutor, Joins Wiley Rein’s TMT PracticeJune 26, 2019Duane C. Pozza, Antonio J. Reynolds, Jacquelynn Ruff, Kevin G. Rupy, Peter D. Shields, Scott B. Wilkens