Frank represents corporations, directors, and senior executives in litigation, investigations, enforcement actions, and regulatory proceedings involving complex and cutting-edge financial issues across a range of industries. He has successfully tried cases, won appeals, and secured favorable dismissals or settlements in bet-the-company matters involving securities litigation, mergers and acquisitions, contests for corporate control, shareholder derivative actions, government contracts disputes, and telecommunications infrastructure and joint use disputes. He has appeared in federal and state courts across the country, including the Supreme Court of the United States. Frank also teaches legal writing and oral advocacy at The George Washington University Law School.
- Representing a mutual bank in federal court litigation to defend against a hostile takeover attempt.
- Representing individuals in investigations and enforcement actions by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for insider trading, securities fraud, and defense procurement fraud.
- Representing telecommunications companies in litigation and regulatory proceedings, including before the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), involving rate-setting disputes, the deployment of broadband infrastructure, wireless facility siting, joint use, and pole attachment issues.
- Representing a telecommunications company in False Claims Act (FCA) litigation alleging spectrum procurement fraud in an auction conducted by the FCC.
- Obtaining dismissal of $10 billion fraud suit against international investment bank by Saudi real estate developer arising out of financing of defense contractor compound.
- Obtaining dismissal of multibillion dollar shareholder derivative action against directors of major U.S. bank based on alleged BSA/AML oversight failures.
- Drafting amicus briefs in precedent-setting securities cases before the Supreme Court of the United States and other appellate courts.
- Professorial Lecturer in Law, The George Washington University Law School (2014-Present)
- Private law practice (2006-2018)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., with distinction, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Editor-in-Chief, The George Washington International Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Cynthia M. Rufe, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- California Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First, Fourth, Ninth, and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, Central District of California, Eastern District of New York, Northern District of California, Southern District of California, Southern District of New York, and Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims