As trusted counsel to the largest insurance companies in the United States and around the world, we are broadly recognized for successfully representing insurers on complicated and high-exposure matters. Our priority is to effectively mitigate risk, while resolving all matters as efficiently as possible for our clients.
With a deep bench that stands out for its range of legal expertise and an insider’s understanding of the insurance industry, our prominent team is a force of legal capabilities as well as business strategy. The insurance industry is exceptionally complex and nuanced – with clients continually adapting to address evolving policies and emerging technologies. Our skilled litigators have decades of experience, particularly in analyzing emerging issues and risks before they reach the litigation stage. Clients regularly turn to us to represent them in their biggest potential exposures. We have handled some of the most prominent insurance matters in the country and secured landmark rulings for our clients that have involved tens of billions of dollars.
What we do.
Our team advises clients on high-value claims across a wide variety of areas, including:
- Cyber, data breaches, and security risk management
- Directors and officers (D&O) liability
- Employment practices liability (EPL)
- Fiduciary liability
- Financial institution errors and omissions (E&O) liability
- General liability (GL)
- Insurance & Bankruptcy
- Insurance coverage, bad faith, and appellate litigation
- Lawyers, accountants, and other professional liability
- Media and technology professional liability
- Public entities and educational institutions
- Reps and warranties (R&W)
Why we are different.
We offer unparalleled depth and breadth of expertise in our chosen practice areas. We are respected, repeat players in an industry where credibility counts. We drive results for our clients by taking a leadership role in mediation and litigation, and we are known for our substantive, pragmatic approach. The number of matters we resolve annually gives us a nuanced, diversified understanding of our clients’ legal needs and business objectives. On new matters, we quickly identify the key issues and challenges and don’t need to “reinvent the wheel.” Even our most junior associates are subject matter experts who efficiently add value for our clients.
As one of the most respected insurance practices in the country, our team has earned the following honors:
- Band 1 ranking in Washington, DC by Chambers USA
- National ranking by Legal 500 US
- “Legal Team of the Year” finalist by Business Insurance in annual U.S. Insurance Awards
- Washington, D.C. Litigation Department of the Year by The National Law Journal
- Insurance “Practice Group of the Year” by Law360
We are dedicated to helping our clients address insurance matters ranging from perennial coverage concerns recurring over decades to brand-new challenges of the 21st century. We focus on client objectives, efficiency, timeliness, and consistency, because we know our clients expect it of us. And we add proficiency and a passion for complex challenges, because we expect it of ourselves.
- Commercial Crime Insurance and Fidelity Bonds
- Cyber Insurance
- D&O and Financial Institution Liability
- E&O for Lawyers, Accountants and Other Professionals
- Employment Practices Liability
- General Liability
- Insurance & Bankruptcy
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Media & Technology E&O
- Policy Drafting and Product Development
- Professional Liability Defense
- Property Coverage
- Public Entities and Educational Institutions
- Representations and Warranties (R&W) Insurance
- Section 111 Insurer Reporting and MSP Reimbursement
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterInsured Failed to Timely Report Grievance Letter as ‘Professional Claim,’ But Insurer’s Late Notice Denial Waived By Seven-Month DelayExecutive SummaryJanuary 2021Elizabeth A. Jewell
- NewsletterNinth Circuit Holds that Excess Carrier May Challenge Allocation of Primary Carrier’s Settlement that Resolves Both the Underlying Claim and a Coverage DisputeExecutive SummaryJanuary 2021Chiara Tondi Resta
- NewsletterNo Coverage for Lawsuit That Related Back to Claim Made During Prior Policy PeriodExecutive SummaryJanuary 2021Edward R. Brown
- NewsletterNo Coverage for Employment Lawsuit Where Insured Failed to Notice Earlier EEOC ChargesExecutive SummaryJanuary 2021Mallory Meaney