Ted represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings and export controls compliance programs. He practices primarily before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), the U.S. Court of International Trade (CIT), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC). Ted has represented clients in a broad range of industries, including leading U.S. technology companies and U.S. manufacturers of steel, wood, and consumer products.
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the DOC, the ITC, the CIT, and the CAFC in antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, administrative reviews, circumvention and scope proceedings, sunset reviews, and corresponding court appeals.
- Assists clients in compliance with export controls maintained by the DOC and the U.S. Department of State. Advises clients on compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) administered by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS). Prepares license applications, commodity classification (CCATS), and commodity jurisdiction (CJ) requests before BIS and the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC). Counsels technology firms on compliance with U.S. and foreign encryption controls requirements and regulations.
- Advises clients on antidumping and countervailing duty enforcement matters before the DOC and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Assists clients in submitting Enforce and Protect Act (EAPA) allegations and e-allegations to CBP to combat evasion and circumvention of U.S. trade orders.
- Represents clients in petitioning for removal from state sanctions divestment lists.
- Counsels clients regarding Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) petitions and information requests before the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Judicial Intern, the Honorable Timothy C. Stanceu, U.S. Court of International Trade (2015)
American Bar Association (ABA)
Customs and International Trade Bar Association (CITBA)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., with Highest Distinction, Indiana University
Staff Member, Harvard International Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
U.S. Court of International Trade
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostImports of Unfairly Traded Indian Stainless Steel Flanges Plummet As A Result of Recent Trade CaseAmerican Trade & Manufacturing BlogStephanie M. Bell, Theodore P. Brackemyre, Daniel B. Pickard, Cynthia C. GalvezAugust 14, 2018
- AlertTreasury Publishes List of Boycotting Countries (2018)Daniel B. Pickard, Lori E. Scheetz, Tessa Capeloto, Theodore P. BrackemyreMay 17, 2018
- AlertUPDATE: CFIUS Reform Bill Proposed by U.S. Senator Cornyn and U.S. Rep. Pittenger Has Garnered Significant Support Outside of CongressNova J. Daly, Theodore P. BrackemyreDecember 20, 2017