Paul counsels clients on international trade and U.S. national security issues. He advises clients on U.S. economic sanctions, export controls, foreign investment review, and industrial security matters, and represents clients in international trade litigation proceedings.
- Assists clients in complying with economic sanctions programs administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), and U.S. export controls administered by the Commerce Department’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and the State Department’s Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC).
- Represents clients across diverse industries – including steel and renewable energy products – in trade remedies litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC) and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
- Advises and represents U.S. and international companies in all phases of national security reviews before the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and Team Telecom.
- Provides guidance on compliance with the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
- Office of U.S. Representative Jim Himes
- Junior Legislative Aide (2014-2015)
- Outreach Coordinator (2013-2014)
- Staff Assistant (2011-2013)
- American Society of International Law
- Society for International Affairs
- Wiley Pro Bono Champion (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022)
J.D., Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University
B.A., University of Connecticut
Articles Editor, George Mason University Civil Rights Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- AlertCFIUS Releases 2022 Annual Report as Congress Considers Expanding CFIUS JurisdictionNova J. Daly, Daniel P. Brooks, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Paul J. CoyleAugust 22, 2023
- AlertBiden Administration Issues Executive Order and Proposals Targeting Outbound Investment in ChinaDaniel P. Brooks, Nova J. Daly, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Paul J. Coyle, Patrick GriffoAugust 15, 2023
- Media MentionTrade Court Shuts Door On Cabinet Co.'s Duty Evasion SuitLaw360June 20, 2023
- AlertAdditional Sanctions and Export Control Measures on Russia Following G7 SummitLori E. Scheetz, John R. Shane, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Paul J. CoyleMay 24, 2023