Law360 Names Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice a "Group of the Year"
Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice has been named by Law360 a "Government Contracts Group of the Year," one of five practices singled out nationwide for their demonstrated ability to "help government contractors flourish in treacherous conditions."
Profiling the group, Law360 spotlights Wiley Rein's representation of Boeing in its successful protest of the Air Force's award of a $35 billion tanker contract, a matter described as "one of the biggest procurement disputes in history in terms of dollar value." Law360 goes on to note that, "the fact that the contract is still up for grabs at all is a testament to the firm's work helping Boeing successfully challenge the contract."
Commenting on the firm's blue chip roster of clients that includes Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Fluor Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., Turner Construction Co., Cisco Systems Inc. and ITT Corp., William A. Roberts, III, co-chair of the practice, told Law360 that, "Clients on these matters have very competent in-house legal teams. When they select us, it's an honor to work with them. Because we get those engagements, it's easier for us to bring the best people into our group." That group, which boasts 40-attorneys, includes many who previously have worked for the government, and others, as Practice co-chair Rand L. Allen notes, who are "young lawyers who are making their reputations in the business."
Law360 observes that, "Another key strength for the practice group is what Roberts and Allen characterized as an ability to seamlessly draw on the expertise of Wiley Rein's other practice areas." Reflective of the breadth of those capabilities is the group's notable work on mergers and acquisitions and white collar defense matters, including a host of successful representations in qui tam and False Claims Act cases.
In choosing its "Government Contracts Groups of the Year," Law360 editors vetted more than 400 submissions, and made their selections based on the number of the groups' significant wins and the size, number and complexity of their deals.
- Government Contracts
- Bid Protests
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Government Claims and Terminations
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Health Care Contracting
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Senior Communications Manager