Chambers USA Ranks Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice in Top Tier and Partners Rand L. Allen, Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb among the Nation's Best; Daniel P. Graham Named "Up and Comer"
The 2010 edition of Chambers USA rates Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice in the nation's top tier and names practice chair Rand L. Allen and partners Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb as "Leading Lawyers" in their field, with Mr. Khoury also being ranked in the top tier of attorneys in Chambers' Bid Protests category. Partner Daniel P. Graham is recognized as an "up and comer" in the government contracts field.
Chambers reports that "this superb group continues to go from strength to strength. Clients appreciate the depth of the team, highlighting its impressive younger partners and associates. Areas of expertise include compliance programs, claims and disputes, suspension and debarment, False Claims Act litigation, M&A and cost accounting; it is highlighted as an excellent choice for bid protest litigation." Chambers points out that "the lawyers work closely with other practice groups, including white-collar defense, employment and labor, international trade and public policy." The report praises the group as being comprised of "talented attorneys with a deep understanding of the government contracts landscape."
Rand Allen "stands out for his exceptional experience across the board," and is lauded for his work last year in which he "successfully protested a $3 billion award of a Family of Medium Tactical Vehicles (FMTV) contract to Oshkosh Truck Corporation on behalf of BAE Systems" and "defended a multibillion-dollar award to BAE of a Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) contract." Partner Paul Khoury worked with Mr. Allen on the BAE case and Chambers reports that Mr. Khoury "is really emerging in the bid protests world" and that "he always does a great job."
Scott McCaleb is described by peers as a "confident, aggressive advocate who is a pleasure to work with," and Chambers says "rising star," Daniel Graham is "an articulate, quick-thinking lawyer who is always on top of things," and is "especially strong in litigation relating to government contracting."
The Chambers ratings are based on extensive interviews of clients, colleagues and competitors. Inclusion in the directory is determined through a rigorous vetting process whereby researchers evaluate law firms and attorneys on a number of factors.
- Bid Protests
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Senior Communications Manager