Paul counsels and represents government contractors in solicitation review, multiple award schedule contracting, state and local procurements, subcontracting, teaming agreements, corporate transactions, bid protests, terminations, contract disputes litigation, compliance reviews, mandatory disclosures, inspector general investigations, suspension and debarment proceedings, and False Claims Act actions. Paul is regularly rated as one of the country’s “Leading Lawyers” in his field by Chambers USA, which commends him as “a fantastic bid protest attorney”. Paul was also chair of the firm’s Pro Bono Committee from 1998 to 2014.
- Advises clients seeking to do business in the federal marketplace.
- Litigates bid protests at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Represents clients in claims and disputes process at the Boards of Contract Appeals and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as in subcontractor litigation in district courts and state courts.
- Represents and counsels health care clients in protests and contract administration matters relating to Defense Health Agency, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Federal Employee Health Benefits, and Department of Veteran's Affairs contracts.
- Conducts internal investigations, represents clients in making mandatory disclosures, and defends clients in Department of Justice (DOJ) and inspector general investigations and suspension and debarment proceedings.
- Reviews and develops company compliance programs.
- Obtained commutation of a client's death sentence from Virginia Governor George Allen three hours before the scheduled execution in a highly publicized pro bono capital habeas corpus case.
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice-Chair (2017-Present), Co-Chair (2014-2016), Debarment and Suspension Committee
- Council Member (2009-2012)
- Vice-Chair (2009-Present) and Co-Chair (2006-2009), Bid Protest Committee
- Vice-Chair, Acquisition Reform and Emerging Issues Committees
- Co-Chair, Contract Claims and Disputes Resolution Committee (2000-2003)
- Advisory Council, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2014-Present)
- Chair, The George Washington University Law School Government Contracts Advisory Board
- Named by Law360 as a “Government Contracts MVP” (2021)
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders 2018 for Government Contracts
- Named one of “Washington’s Best Lawyers” (2013, 2014) and one of “Washington’s Top Lawyers” (2015, 2017, 2018) by Washingtonian magazine
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in Government Contracts (2007-2023), in Government Contracts: Bid Protests (2010-2023), and included in Spotlight Table for Government Contracts: Bid Protests (2012-2022)
- Named one of DC’s “Super Lawyers” for Government Contracts by Super Lawyers magazine (2011-2020, 2022-2023)
- Included in the International Who’s Who of Public Procurement Lawyers (2013-2014)
- Named by The Legal 500 US as a “leading lawyer” (2015-2019) and recognized in the "Hall of Fame" (2020-2023) in Government Contracts
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
J.D., The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., magna cum laude, Dartmouth College
Member, The George Washington Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third, Fourth, Sixth, Eleventh, and District of Columbia Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 51 Wiley Lawyers and Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 9, 2023
- Press ReleaseChambers USA Recognizes 40 Wiley Attorneys in 14 CategoriesJune 1, 2023
- AlertFederal Circuit Reconsiders What Is Jurisdictional: Will It Level the Playing Field in CDA Disputes?Paul F. Khoury, Richard B. O'Keeffe, Jr., Kara M. Sacilotto, Gary S. Ward, J. Ryan FrazeeMay 5, 2023
- PodcastDefining Our Vision and ValuesWiley Government ContractsCraig Smith, Paul F. Khoury, Scott M. McCalebApril 20, 2023