Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice and Partners Rand L. Allen, Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb Rated Among the Nation's Best
The 2008 edition of Chambers USA rates Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice as one of the best in the nation and names practice chair Rand L. Allen and partners Paul F. Khoury and Scott M. McCaleb as "Leading Lawyers" in their field.
Reflecting the depth and breadth of Wiley Rein's team of more than 30 attorneys and consultants, Chambers reports, "With a 'deep bench and the ability to expertly manage its impressive resources,' Wiley Rein is a firm that warrants its enviable client roster. An extremely potent force in the bid protest area, the firm is also able to draw on its white-collar expertise when it comes to investigatory matters."
Singled out for additional recognition, top-rated lawyer and group leader Rand Allen is commended for being "a terrific lawyer with a huge presence in the field." "Brilliant litigator" Paul Khoury is described by clients as "incredibly well prepared and the kind of guy you always want on your side," and Scott McCaleb-whom Chambers notes is "tipped for future greatness"-receives kudos as "an accomplished writer and persuasive advocate…who offers the whole package." Praise extends to the entire group, as Chambers notes, "In addition to these stand out lawyers, peers attest to the 'great talent that is coming up through the ranks' at Wiley Rein - a rare accolade in a sector that is generally felt to be lacking a wide pool of skilled young lawyers.'"
The Chambers ratings are based on extensive interviews of law firms' clients, colleagues and competitors. Inclusion in the directory is determined through a rigorous vetting process whereby researchers evaluate law firms and attorneys on a number of factors.
- Bid Protests
- Buy American and Trade Agreements Acts
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Employment and Labor Standards Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Due Diligence for Government Contractors
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Terminations
- Small Businesses
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Agreements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Manager