Insurers and reinsurers turn to Wiley to advise them in matters involving liabilities faced by public entities and educational institutions that arise under public official, law enforcement liability, educational legal liability, and general liability policies.
We provide deep knowledge of coverage issues implicated by some of the most volatile matters confronting public entities and educational institutions. These include claims for wrongful conviction; sexual molestation; jail deaths; officer-involved shootings; race, gender, and disability discrimination; employment harassment; construction defects; land use; and emerging civil rights issues, such as transgender rights.
As strategic counsel, Wiley also helps clients independently analyze the merits of high-stakes liability claims and defenses faced by the insured entities and evaluate the potential exposure. We focus on effective claim resolution for complex matters with sensitivity to our clients’ business goals, either through settlement negotiation, mediation, or coverage litigation in courts nationwide.
Recent representative matters include:
- Litigation and strategic advice for more than 75 matters involving allegations relating to wrongful conviction.
- Representing carriers regarding coverage and exposure for lawsuits stemming from sexual misconduct, including Nassar-related claims.
- Assisting insurers on claims for athletics injury, including concussion-related litigation.
- Commercial Crime Insurance and Fidelity Bonds
- Cyber Insurance
- D&O and Financial Institution Liability
- E&O for Lawyers, Accountants and Other Professionals
- Employment Practices Liability
- General Liability
- Insurance & Bankruptcy
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Media & Technology E&O
- Policy Drafting and Product Development
- Professional Liability Defense
- Property Coverage
- Public Entities and Educational Institutions
- Representations and Warranties (R&W) Insurance
- Section 111 Insurer Reporting and MSP Reimbursement