In concert with our International Trade Practice and our Environment and Product Regulation Practice, Wiley’s Consumer Product Regulation Practice has developed a robust practice concerning the regulation of imported and exported consumer products. We have particular expertise with the regulation of imports and exports under laws such as the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), and the Plant Protection Act (PPA).
We have significant expertise relating to the hazardous materials transportation requirements under the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) hazmat regulations, and the standards and regulations set by international regulatory bodies involved in the transportation of goods, including the UN Committee of Experts on transport of dangerous goods, the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), and the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- Preparing successful customs compliance programs, prior disclosures, and protests for clients with a multinational manufacturing base.
- Assisting firms across industries including chemicals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals, metals, and textiles in assessing country of origin labeling requirements and compliance for import and export sales, as well as determining eligibility for “Made in USA” claims under both federal and state law.
- Assisting pesticides, pharmaceuticals, pet products, automobiles, and oil and gas surveying companies with obtaining import permits and complying with import regulations administered by agencies such as the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.S. National Highway Transportation & Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service (FWS), and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- End-of-Life Product Management
- Endangered Species
- Environmental Compliance and Enforcement
- Environmental Regulation, Litigation, and Counseling
- Environmental Sustainability
- Hazardous Materials Transportation
- Import and Export
- Manufacturing and Materials Restrictions
- Novel Products and Technologies Regulation
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Pesticides and FIFRA
- Product Distribution and Transactional Support
- Product Safety
- Product Stewardship and Recycling
- Recalls and Reverse Distribution
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
Related News & Insights
- AlertDemocrats Introduce Carbon Border Adjustment LegislationJuly 21, 2021Alan H. Price, Timothy C. Brightbill, Christopher B. Weld, Erik C. Baptist, Theodore P. Brackemyre
- Blog PostU.S. Brands Importing Finished Goods to the European Union – Are You Ready for the January 5, 2021, submission deadline for SCIP?The WELLDecember 3, 2020Martha E. Marrapese
- Blog PostTSCA Cost Sharing Consortias Are Broken Due to EPA Rule – Can They Be Fixed?The WELLOctober 2, 2020Martha E. Marrapese
- Blog PostPFAS – New Rules and Reporting RequirementsThe WELLJuly 14, 2020Martha E. Marrapese