Jason represents directors and officers liability insurers and other professional liability insurers in coverage matters before federal and state courts across the country, as well as internationally. Praised by Chambers USA for his “analysis and negotiating abilities” (2015), Jason is “highly thought of for his extensive experience in litigation involving financial institutions” and ability to “reach a great solution for you” (2017). He has been recognized since 2007 as one of Washington, DC’s “Leading Lawyers for Business.”
- Counsels insurers on a wide variety of claims, underwriting, and litigation issues.
- Regularly represents insurers' interests in connection with resolution of complex securities and derivative claims through litigation and alternative dispute resolution procedures.
- Represents and advises insurers with respect to coverage issues arising from policyholder bankruptcy and claims asserted on behalf of bankrupt estates.
- Significant experience with respect to rescission actions and other litigation in defense of insurers' rights.
- Co-Chair, Professional Liability Insurance Committee, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- TIPS Professionals, Officers' and Directors' Liability Committee
Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Insurance (2007-2022)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in Insurance: Advice to Insurers (2021-2022)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory for Insurance Law (2022)
J.D., The University of Chicago Law School; Mulroy Prize for Appellate Advocacy
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Press Release54 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 18, 2022
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 52 Wiley Lawyers and Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 13, 2022
- Press ReleaseChambers USA Recognizes 38 Wiley Attorneys Across 10 Practice Areas Among Best in the CountryJune 1, 2022
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 44 Wiley Lawyers Across Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 11, 2021