Jason represents directors and officers liability insurers and other professional liability insurers in coverage matters before federal and state courts across the country, as well as internationally. Praised by Chambers USA for his “analysis and negotiating abilities” (2015), Jason is “highly thought of for his extensive experience in litigation involving financial institutions” and ability to “reach a great solution for you” (2017). He has been recognized since 2007 as one of Washington, DC’s “Leading Lawyers for Business.”
- Counsels insurers on a wide variety of claims, underwriting, and litigation issues.
- Regularly represents insurers' interests in connection with resolution of complex securities and derivative claims through litigation and alternative dispute resolution procedures.
- Represents and advises insurers with respect to coverage issues arising from policyholder bankruptcy and claims asserted on behalf of bankrupt estates.
- Significant experience with respect to rescission actions and other litigation in defense of insurers' rights.
- Co-Chair, Professional Liability Insurance Committee, Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section, American Bar Association
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- TIPS Professionals, Officers' and Directors' Liability Committee
Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in Insurance (2007-2020)
J.D., The University of Chicago Law School; Mulroy Prize for Appellate Advocacy
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseChambers USA Recognizes 30 Wiley Attorneys Across 9 Practice Areas as Among Best in the CountryApril 23, 2020
- NewsletterInsights on Insurance Delaware Supreme Court Reverses Chancery Court; Concludes Federal Forum Selection Provisions Enforceable For 1933 Act ClaimsExecutive SummaryApril 2020
- Press ReleaseChambers USA Recognizes 31 Wiley Rein Attorneys Across 12 Practice Areas as Among Best in the CountryMay 1, 2019
- EventData Breach Claims: From Class Actions to Shareholder Lawsuits to Governmental Investigations and How D&O Insurance Can Provide Proper CoverABA 2019 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE SeminarMarch 1, 2019