Brandon defends companies and their executives in complex civil and criminal cases involving alleged health care fraud, the False Claims Act (FCA), whistleblower allegations, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), antitrust, regulatory violations, and contract and procurement fraud. She has extensive experience shepherding life sciences companies, government contractors, not-for-profits, and technology companies through internal investigations and responding to subpoenas and civil investigative demands (CIDs). She also advises a broad range of companies on privacy, telecommunications, compliance, Team Telecom, and new media issues.
- Litigates FCA cases and other complex federal actions both at the trial and appellate levels.
- Defends corporations and executives in the life sciences field facing multi-agency federal fraud investigations.
- Defends executives facing Park doctrine/Responsible Corporate Officer (RCO) charges stemming from allegations of off-label marketing.
- Represents executives and corporations facing FCPA investigations.
- Represents corporate executives facing multi-agency investigations of fraud and regulatory violations.
- Conducts internal investigations to assess allegations of misconduct, potential exposure and advise on appropriate disclosures or corrective actions.
- Assists companies with strategy and logistics associated with responding to government subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and civil litigation.
- Assists government contractors with assessing, investigating, and responding to ethics hotline complaints.
- Assists not-for-profits in responding to and managing government investigations.
- Assists companies in interfacing and complying with Team Telecom requirements.
- Supports foreign acquisitions of critical U.S. infrastructure companies in conjunction with the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) process and negotiations with Team Telecom.
- Counsels clients regarding best practices for developing policies and procedures for compliance with complex laws and regulations.
- Represents companies and individuals facing Federal Trade Commission (FTC) investigations and potential enforcement actions.
- Counsels clients on compliance with complex anti-kickback statutes and regulations.
- Intern, the Honorable Anthony Trenga, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Senior Account Manager, DCI Group
- Women's White Collar Defense Association (WWCDA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Criminal Justice
- The Virginia Bar Association (VBA)
- Criminal Law Section
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., Davidson College
Development Editor, Journal of Law and Politics
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
Related News & Insights
- EventW3 Government EnforcementHealth Care Compliance Association's (HCCA) 24th Annual Compliance InstituteApril 1, 2020
- NewsletterFalse Claims Act: State of the UnionGovernment Contracts Issue UpdateFebruary 2020
- EventAdjusting the Risk for Medicare Advantage: Recent Enforcement Trends and Litigation Involving Medicare Advantage Risk Adjustment Practices2020 Managed Care Compliance ConferenceJanuary 27, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Announces Partner and Of Counsel Promotions for 2020December 3, 2019