Law360 Names Wiley Rein "Government Contracts Group of the Year"
For the second, consecutive year, Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice has been named a "Government Contracts Group of the Year" by Law360 for having "stepped up in a big way at moments when clients risked losing critical government relationships."
Recounting some of the group's notable victories in 2011, Law360 noted Wiley Rein's reputation for earning "the respect of major contractors," who often "ask Wiley Rein to put its "A team" on a particularly challenging bid protest." "Our response is that we have more than one 'A team,' and we do," Rand L. Allen, chair of the Government Contracts Practice, told the publication.
The publication added that "Wiley Rein's reputation for success in protests for clients like Boeing has helped it attract top clients including Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Fluor Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., Turner Construction Co., Cisco Systems Inc. and ITT Corp., to name a few."
The honor from Law360 is the most recent award burnishing the firm's reputation as the "go-to" group for clients seeking counsel in every aspect of government contracting. The breadth of the 38-member Government Contracts Practice extends to bid protests; claims and disputes; terminations; false claims litigation; mergers and acquisitions; suspension and debarment matters; compliance programs, audits and reviews; internal investigations and False Claims Act litigation; data rights and intellectual property; cost accounting; and employment issues uniquely affecting government contractors.
The Government Contracts Group was one of five groups selected by a team of Law360 editors, who reviewed more than 500 submissions.
- Government Contracts
- Bid Protests
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Government Claims and Terminations
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Health Care Contracting
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Senior Communications Manager