Rand Allen Named a Leading Government Contracts Attorney
The Legal Times story on Mr. Allen spotlights some of his many successes and notes that since joining the firm in 1986 as its first government contracts partner, he has "built the practice from scratch, assembling a 25-lawyer group known for its depth and expertise." Commenting on the firm's Government Contracts Practice-which handles every aspect of government contracting, including bid protests, disputes, commercial litigation, terminations, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory issues-Mr. Allen told Legal Times, "That's the thing I'm proudest of, the team we built."
Mr. Allen's practice is diverse, spanning the full range of contracting issues. In virtually every aspect of government contracting, he has been the "go-to" counsel for industry on some of the highest-profile matters. As reported by the Legal Times, "his clients include the Boeing Co., the Hewlett-Packard Co., the Electronic Data Systems Corp. (EDS), and BAE Systems." Boeing Assistant General Counsel Steven Horton told Legal Times that Mr. Allen "brings to the table a tremendous amount of experience and depth in both the substantive legal requirements and the practical considerations for a big business like us."
Mr. Allen is on the Advisory Boards of the Federal Contracts Report and the National Contract Management Association, and serves as a Professorial Lecturer in Law (Government Contracts) at The George Washington University Law School. He is a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and he received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center, where he was editor of the Georgetown Law Journal.
- Bid Protests
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Disputes Litigation
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Government Claims and Terminations
- Government Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Corporate Issues, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Due Diligence
- Regulatory and Legislative Counseling
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Small and Emerging Businesses
- Teaming Arrangements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Employment Issues in Government Contracting
- Expeditionary Contracting in the Mideast and Southwest Asia
- Export Controls, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Buy American Act, and Trade Agreement Act
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Suspension and Debarment
Senior Communications Manager