Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice and Partners Rand Allen, Paul Khoury and Scott McCaleb Rank Among Nation's Best
The 2007 edition of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business recognizes Wiley Rein's Government Contracts Practice as one of the best in the nation and rates practice chair Rand Allen and partners Paul Khoury and Scott McCaleb as "Leading Lawyers" in their field.
Chambers notes that the more than 40-member team "has more quality brains than many competitors." The publisher reports that the group made its reputation as "a market-leading protests and claims team," but that in recent years the practice has "diversified its client base in response to the new wave of Iraq-related contracting" and "has a strong practice in the growing areas of domestic security and health contracting."
Chambers ranks practice chair and "Leading Lawyer" Rand Allen in the top tier of Government Contracts attorneys, praising his "encyclopedic knowledge of contract rules and procedures" and knowledge of "how government thinks and what might turn it around." Clients and competitors tell Chambers that it is Mr. Allen's "practical, straightforward problem-solving approach" that makes him "such a capable adversary."
Accolades extend to partners Paul Khoury and Scott McCaleb. Clients recommend Mr. Khoury as "tenacious" and a "sharp strategic thinker" who would "go to the ends of the earth for his clients." Peers recognized Mr. McCaleb as "the firm's next generation" and as a "quintessential litigator."
The Chambers ratings are based on extensive interviews of law firms' clients, colleagues and competitors. Inclusion in the directory is determined through a rigorous vetting process whereby Chambers researchers evaluate law firms and attorneys on a number of factors.
- Bid Protests
- Buy American and Trade Agreements Acts
- Cost Accounting and Cost Allowability
- Employment and Labor Standards Issues in Government Contracting
- Ethics Advice & Compliance Audits and Plans
- Government Contracts
- GSA Schedule and Commercial Item Contracts
- Health Care Contracting
- Internal Investigations and False Claims Act
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Due Diligence for Government Contractors
- Patent and Data Rights Counseling and Disputes
- Requests for Equitable Adjustment, Claims, and Terminations
- Small Businesses
- State and Local Procurement Law
- Suspension and Debarment
- Teaming Agreements, Strategic Alliances, and Subcontracting
Director of Communications
Senior Communications Manager