Our attorneys defend employers in federal and state courts across the country involving most types of employment cases, such as employment discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and breach of express or implied contracts of employment. Our team designs, implements, and enforces arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures to efficiently resolve employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims.
A unique aspect of our practice involves our experience handling matters encountered by government contractors and technology companies, including:
- Enforcement of Noncompetition Agreements
- Enforcement of Unfair Competition and Business Conspiracy Laws
- Protection of Company Trade Secrets
Our recent matters include:
- Successfully secured a temporary restraining order in federal district court in Virginia against a former employee of our client that violated his non-compete obligations and helped to secure a contract award for a competitor.
- Successfully represented an employer in collective actions for alleged wage and hour violations at multiple company locations. In these actions, our team defeated plaintiffs’ expansive class certification efforts and ultimately defeated the broad multi-million dollar liability claims sought by plaintiffs.
- Successfully defending an employer during arbitration proceedings in an employment contract dispute involving a former CEO who sought $6.5 million.
- Successfully defending against enforcement of a noncompetition agreement and violation of the Trade Secrets Act in Maryland federal court. An identical agreement had previously been successfully enforced against lower-level employees.
Related News & Insights
- PodcastDiscussing California’s AB 5: Considerations for EmployersWiley on EmploymentOctober 16, 2020Krystal B. Swendsboe, Martha G. Vázquez
- ArticleInsight: A Lawsuit Against Adult Entertainment Sites Might Clarify ADABloomberg LawMarch 3, 2020Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Recognizes 22 Attorneys in Fourth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationNovember 1, 2016Moshe B. Broder, Edgar Class, Madeline J. Cohen, Madeleine M. Lottenbach, Nick Peterson, Jeremy J. Schofer, Meredith G. Singer, Craig Smith, Kay Tatum, Brian Walsh
- Press ReleasePlaintiffs Hail U.S. Department of Justice Intervention in Pocomoke City Race Discrimination and Retaliation CaseOctober 20, 2016Theodore A. Howard, Craig Smith, Brian Walsh