Wiley’s employment team draws on a deep bench of experience to defend employers in federal and state courts across the country involving most types of employment cases, such as employment discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and breach of express or implied contracts of employment. Our team designs, implements, and enforces arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) procedures to efficiently resolve employment discrimination and wrongful termination claims.
A unique aspect of our practice involves our experience handling matters encountered by government contractors and technology companies, including:
- Enforcement of Noncompetition Agreements
- Enforcement of Unfair Competition and Business Conspiracy Laws
- Protection of Company Trade Secrets
Our recent matters include:
- Successfully secured a temporary restraining order in federal district court in Virginia against a former employee of our client that violated his non-compete obligations and helped to secure a contract award for a competitor.
- Successfully represented an employer in collective actions for alleged wage and hour violations at multiple company locations. In these actions, our team defeated plaintiffs’ expansive class certification efforts and ultimately defeated the broad multi-million dollar liability claims sought by plaintiffs.
- Successfully defending an employer during arbitration proceedings in an employment contract dispute involving a former CEO who sought $6.5 million.
- Successfully defending against enforcement of a noncompetition agreement and violation of the Trade Secrets Act in Maryland federal court. An identical agreement had previously been successfully enforced against lower-level employees.
Our team advises companies on a spectrum of issues related to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Title III, which requires public accommodations such as hotels, shopping centers, retailers, health care providers, and private educational institutions to have facilities that are fully accessible to individuals with disabilities. Compliance issues are challenging due to the ever-evolving legal and regulatory landscape. Whether our clients are approaching this issue from a regulatory, compliance, litigation, or government investigation standpoint, our attorneys are well-versed in the nuances of this topic.
Our capabilities include:
- Compliance Counseling
- Compliance Investigations and Enforcement Actions
- Policy Structuring for Handling Disability-Related Guest Complaints
- Preparing Comments for Public Rulemaking Process
Related News & Insights
- EventLabor and Employment Hot TopicsNational Bar Association Commercial Law Section, Corporate Counsel ConferenceFebruary 25, 2022Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo
- AlertSupreme Court Blocks OSHA Vax-or-Test ETSJanuary 14, 2022Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo, Eric W. Leonard, Craig Smith
- AlertSeveral Important Virginia Employment Laws Took Effect on July 1, 2021July 2, 2021Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo
- ArticleInsight: A Lawsuit Against Adult Entertainment Sites Might Clarify ADABloomberg LawMarch 3, 2020Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo