Our emphasis is on litigation prevention. We believe that interactive training and counseling on potential problems before they arise is far more productive than litigating them afterward. Human resources professionals are often presented with difficult situations involving the administration of employee leave, responding to complaints of harassment, the imposition of discipline, and termination decisions. Our attorneys are available to provide an independent examination of the applicable law, an assessment of the company's options, and advice on a course of action. We are also frequently involved in significant business decisions, such as the development of corporate policies and large-scale reorganizations.
Our group capabilities include:
- Employment Agreements
- Executive Compensation Structuring
- Government Contractor Issues
- Policies and Procedures Development
- Workplace and Trade Legislation
- Workplace Privacy Issues
When necessary, our team has access to key attorneys in other practice groups that can provide critical and specifically-needed support, such as environmental counseling for matters involving complaints about workplace conditions.
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleasePlaintiffs Hail U.S. Department of Justice Intervention in Pocomoke City Race Discrimination and Retaliation CaseOctober 20, 2016
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein, Washington Lawyers’ Committee, and ACLU of Maryland Jointly File Federal Lawsuit Challenging Pattern of Race Discrimination and Retaliation Against African American Police Officers on the Eastern Shore of MarylandJanuary 21, 2016
- ArticleFocus Areas of Enforcement for DOL in 2015January 12, 2015
- AlertFAR Council Proposes Non-Displacement Amendments for Service Contract Act Covered ContractsMay 7, 2012