Rebecca represents clients in a variety of matters in federal and state courts as well as in international arbitration. She has experience in all phases of litigation from pre-enforcement investigation to appeal. Her wide-ranging responsibilities have included depositions, discovery, working with fact and expert witnesses, and motions practice of all sorts. She has also presented arguments in the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Sixth Circuits, federal and state trial courts, and before federal agency decision makers.
- Represents New York-based real estate developer in international arbitration against its former partner in dispute regarding ownership and development rights to a South Korean smart-city.
- Represents U.S.-Guinean shipping company in international arbitration against consortium of mining companies in dispute regarding shipping rights.
- Represents a political consulting firm and its founder in defending civil RICO, copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and various tort claims arising out of alleged conspiracy with a foreign government.
- Represented global defense contractor in parallel disputes in U.S. federal and state courts as well as litigation in South Korea against subcontractor and South Korean government in disputes arising out of Foreign Military Sales contract for F-16 fighter jet upgrade.
- Represented a public relations firm and its founder in defending RICO, conspiracy, defamation, and tortious interference claims.
- Represented a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in MDL against putative consumer class-actions alleging personal and economic injuries arising out of alleged product contamination.
- Represented restaurant chain in proceedings before the DC Office of Human Rights pertaining to allegations of workplace discrimination, harassment, and hostile work environment.
- Represents whistleblower in claims involving income and other tax fraud.
- Briefed and argued cases arising under various federal statutes before the U.S. Courts of Appeal, including the Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Circuits, as well as the federal agency's internal appellate tribunal and Office of Administrative Law Judges.
- Advised several agencies within the U.S. Department of Labor on the initiation and prosecution of enforcement proceedings in areas involving bankruptcy, civil rights, and labor management.
- Successfully defended pharmaceutical product liability mass tort claims in federal district and appellate courts.
- Senior Attorney, Office of the Solicitor, U.S. Department of Labor (2013-2017)
- Private law practice (2006-2008; 2009-2013)
- Intern, Legal Aid Society of the District of Columbia (2005)
- Intern for the Honorable Donald G. Alexander, Maine Supreme Judicial Court (2005)
Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., magna cum laude, Syracuse University
Editorial Staff Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal
- Law Clerk for the Honorable John M. Facciola, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia (2008-2009)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- New York Bar
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Southern District of New York