Posi is a strategic thinker who works closely with clients to understand their business and assist them in developing plans for the long-term success of their operations. He seeks practical solutions to problems when feasible, and he aggressively litigates disputes to achieve favorable outcomes in situations where litigation is in a client’s best interests.
Posi has significant experience in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia – also known as the “Rocket Docket”; in the state trial courts in Northern, Eastern, and Central Virginia; and in the District of Columbia’s Federal District and Superior Courts. As special counsel in Wiley’s Employment & Labor Practice, he also frequently represents clients before federal, state, and local agencies that regulate labor and employment in the United States, including the U.S. Equal Opportunity Commission, the U.S. Department of Labor, the District of Columbia Office of Human Rights, the Maryland Commission on Civil Rights, and the Virginia Division of Human Rights and Fair Housing.
Posi has extensive litigation and trial experience, having conducted numerous jury and non-jury trials. He has represented clients in industries such as government contracting, professional services, associations, supermarkets, hotels and restaurants, technology, health care, education, legal services, staffing, financial services, transportation, pharmaceuticals, security, telecommunications, and commercial and residential development.
- Represents businesses in federal and state employment law matters, including issues related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Section 1981, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), workplace privacy, internal investigations, and wrongful discharge litigation.
- Leads individual and group trainings concerning a variety of workplace issues.
- Counsels and represents management and individuals regarding drafting, negotiation, and enforcement of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements; protection of trade secrets; civil business conspiracy; tortious interference; defamation; breach of fiduciary duties; breach of duties of loyalty; and other business torts and business competition issues.
- Assists businesses concerning drafting of personnel policies and manuals.
- Associate, private law practice, Washington, DC (2016-2019)
- Associate, private law practice, Richmond, VA (2013-2016)
- National Black Lawyers Top 40 Under 40 (2020)
- Academy Fellow, National Employment Law Council (2015-2016)
- American Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- National Bar Association
J.D., The University of Alabama Law School
B.S., Northwestern State University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Virginia
Related News & Insights
- AlertDOL Announces Proposed Rule on Classifying Employees and Independent ContractorsTodd A. Bromberg, Christine E. Connelly, Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo, Martha G. VázquezSeptember 23, 2020
- NewsletterCampaigning During COVID-19: Things to Think About During the Final Election PushElection Law NewsSeptember 2020
- AlertSDNY Court Knocks Down DOL’s Joint-Employer RuleTodd A. Bromberg, Christine E. Connelly, Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo, Martha G. VázquezSeptember 16, 2020
- AlertManaging Vacation Requests during COVID-19Todd A. Bromberg, Christine E. Connelly, Olaoluwaposi O. Oshinowo, Martha G. VázquezSeptember 2, 2020