Paul counsels and represents clients in international trade and U.S. national security matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty (AD/CVD) proceedings and issues related to supply chains, export controls, and economic sanctions.
Paul helps clients navigate complex trade laws, administrative proceedings, and corresponding appeals as well as capacity expansion, onshoring, and procurement related issues in a broad range of U.S. industries including steel, aluminum, renewable energy, and critical or emerging technology.
- Represents clients in a variety of international trade matters including AD/CVD investigations, administrative reviews, circumvention and scope proceedings, sunset reviews, and appeals before the Department of Commerce (DOC), International Trade Commission (ITC), Court of International Trade (CIT), and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (CAFC).
- Advises clients on supply chain vulnerabilities. Assists critical or emerging technology companies across a broad range of industries including critical minerals, electric vehicles (EV) and EV chargers, superabrasives, hypersonics, advanced batteries, and battery recycling.
- Counsels clients on Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOA) from federal agencies supporting the U.S. defense industrial base.
- Provides guidance on procurement requirements for various federal grants, programs, and investments including Buy America, Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), and Inflation Reduction Act provisions.
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Adjunct Professor (2022-Present)
- Research Assistant, Professor Mila Versteeg (2018-2020)
- Cowan Fellow, Human Rights Study Project in Nepal (2019)
- Research Assistant, Dean Paul Mahoney (2018)
- Law Chambers of M.A. Sumanthiran, Parliament of Sri Lanka
- Assistant to a Member of Parliament (2012)
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law
B.A., Patrick Henry College
Editor, Journal of Law and Politics
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- AlertAdministration Seeks Comment on Potential Requirement for U.S.-Made Solar Products in Projects Funded by Inflation ReductionTimothy C. Brightbill, Nova J. Daly, Laura El-Sabaawi, Paul A. DevamithranSeptember 20, 2022
- AlertEuropean Commission Proposes Ban on Forced Labor Products in EUHon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Timothy C. Brightbill, Nova J. Daly, Paul A. DevamithranSeptember 16, 2022
- AlertThe Inflation Reduction Act Provides Potential Game-Changing Benefits for U.S. Solar IndustryTimothy C. Brightbill, Laura El-Sabaawi, Paul A. DevamithranAugust 15, 2022
- AlertRequest for Comments: Developing a Framework on Competitiveness of Digital Asset TechnologiesHon. Nazak Nikakhtar, Duane C. Pozza, Paul A. DevamithranMay 20, 2022