Laura represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, export controls, and sanctions compliance programs.
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), and the Court of International Trade.
- Advises clients on compliance with economic sanctions and export controls maintained by the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce, as well as with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-bribery laws.
- Provides guidance on national security issues, including regulations promulgated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) within the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Summer Legal Associate, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (2007)
- Law Clerk, Arlington Immigration Court (2008)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law, International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Publications Subcommittee (2016-Present)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in International Trade (2019-2020)
Named an "On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer" by the American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division (2018)
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in International Trade Law (2018)
- Named by Law360 as an International Trade MVP (2019)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2019)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Senior Articles and Line Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- EventFCPA Midyear ReviewWileyJuly 22, 2020
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 41 Wiley Lawyers Across Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 11, 2020
- Press ReleaseCommerce Department Issues Preliminary Subsidy Duties of Up to 245% on Chinese Imports of Wood Mouldings and Millwork ProductsJune 9, 2020
- EventWiley Trade 101 Webinar Series: Overview of AD/CVD Cases, Injury Determinations, and Section 201May 7, 2020