Laura represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, export controls, and sanctions compliance programs.
- Represents clients in trade litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), and the Court of International Trade.
- Advises clients on compliance with economic sanctions and export controls maintained by the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce, as well as with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-bribery laws.
- Provides guidance on national security issues, including regulations promulgated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) within the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Summer Legal Associate, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (2007)
- Law Clerk, Arlington Immigration Court (2008)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law, International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Publications Subcommittee (2016-Present)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in International Trade (2019)
Named an “On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer” by the American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division (2018)
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in International Trade Law (2018)
- Named by Law360 as an International Trade MVP (2019)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Senior Articles and Line Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Earns 100% Score on Human Rights Campaign’s LGBTQ Workplace Equality ListJanuary 21, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Helps Secure Favorable Federal Circuit Ruling in Solar Panel Import Case, Upholding Customs’ Authority to Enforce Tariffs Prior to Scope InquiriesJanuary 8, 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein’s Laura El-Sabaawi Profiled by Law360 as ‘International Trade MVP’December 18, 2019
- Press ReleaseWorking Mother Honors Wiley Rein as One of the 2019 ‘Best Law Firms for Women’July 16, 2019