Laura represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, Section 201 safeguards investigations, export controls, and sanctions compliance programs. She counsels clients on trade issues in diverse industries, including steel products, renewable energy products, including the solar products and wind towers industries, and manufactured wood products.
- Represents clients in trade remedy litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), and the Court of International Trade.
- Represents numerous U.S. industries in trade litigation and trade policy matters, including solar cells and panels, mobile access equipment, wood mouldings, wooden cabinets and vanities, steel and steel products, utility scale wind towers, and large diameter line and structural pipe.
- Represents clients in matters involving Section 232 national security investigations and Section 301 investigations related to protecting U.S. rights under trade agreements and responses to certain foreign trade practices.
- Advises clients on compliance with export controls maintained by the U.S. Department of State and DOC, as well as with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-bribery laws.
- Provides guidance on national security issues, including regulations promulgated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) within the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Summer Legal Associate, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (2007)
- Law Clerk, Arlington Immigration Court (2008)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law, International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Publications Subcommittee (2016-Present)
- Women in International Trade (WIIT)
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business – Up and Coming” (2022) in International Trade: Trade Remedies & Trade Policy
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in International Trade (2019-2022)
Named an "On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer" by the American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division (2018)
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in International Trade Law (2018)
- Named by Law360 as an International Trade MVP (2019)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2019)
- Named to Law360's International Trade Editorial Advisory Board (2021)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Senior Articles and Line Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Named a 2022 ‘Best Law Firm for Women’ by Seramount for 5th Year in a RowJune 23, 2022
- AlertBiden Administration Announces Duty-Free Tariff Treatment for Solar Products from Southeast Asia and Issues DPA DeterminationsTimothy C. Brightbill, Laura El-Sabaawi, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, John Allen RigginsJune 13, 2022
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 52 Wiley Lawyers and Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 13, 2022
- Press ReleaseChambers USA Recognizes 38 Wiley Attorneys Across 10 Practice Areas Among Best in the CountryJune 1, 2022