Laura represents clients in a variety of international trade matters, including antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, Section 201 safeguards investigations, export controls, and sanctions compliance programs. She counsels clients on trade issues in diverse industries, including steel products, renewable energy products, including the solar products and wind towers industries, and manufactured wood products.
- Represents clients in trade remedy litigation before the U.S. Department of Commerce, the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), and the Court of International Trade.
- Advises clients on compliance with economic sanctions and export controls maintained by the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Commerce, as well as with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other anti-bribery laws.
- Provides guidance on national security issues, including regulations promulgated by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) within the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
- Summer Legal Associate, American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (2007)
- Law Clerk, Arlington Immigration Court (2008)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of International Law, International Trade Committee
- Vice Chair, Publications Subcommittee (2016-Present)
- • Women in International Trade (WIIT)
- Recognized by The Legal 500 US in International Trade (2019-2021)
Named an "On the Rise – Top 40 Young Lawyer" by the American Bar Association (ABA) Young Lawyers Division (2018)
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in International Trade Law (2018)
- Named by Law360 as an International Trade MVP (2019)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2019)
- Named to Law360's International Trade Editorial Advisory Board (2021)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., cum laude, Tulane University
Senior Articles and Line Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- ArticleProposed Build Back Better Act Provides Significant Funding for Clean Energy and Climate InitiativesPratt's Energy Law ReportTimothy C. Brightbill, Laura El-Sabaawi, Christopher B. Weld, Theodore P. BrackemyreJanuary 4, 2022
- Press ReleaseWiley Represents Coalition of American Manufacturers of Mobile Access Equipment in Critical Trade Case VictoryNovember 12, 2021
- AlertBiden Administration Introduces Build Back Better Act, Providing Significant Funding for Clean Energy and Climate InitiativesTimothy C. Brightbill, Laura El-Sabaawi, Christopher B. Weld, Theodore P. BrackemyreNovember 1, 2021
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognized by Leadership Council on Legal Diversity as a 2021 Compass Award WinnerOctober 27, 2021