Jerita is a corporate and transactional attorney who counsels and represents clients in mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, commercial contracts, and corporate governance matters in various industries. She has served as lead counsel by negotiating transaction documents, coordinating due diligence, and preparing financing, leasing, real property, and closing documentation, in multiple acquisitions and divestitures by public and private companies ranging from less than $1 million to more than $265 million. Jerita represents a wide range of clients, including government contractors, broadcasters, cable providers, software and other technology providers, financial institutions, and non-profit corporations.
- Transactional counsel for a wide range of companies in the sales and acquisitions of various assets across several industries.
- Lead transactional counsel for a rapidly growing national radio broadcaster in multiple, complex asset and stock acquisitions ranging from $254 million to $3 million transactions.
- Lead transactional counsel in the sale of 200 broadcast towers and related assets to a tower company, including negotiating leaseback and similar use arrangements.
- Drafts and negotiates a variety of agreements, including letters of intent, asset and stock purchase agreements, loan documents, lease agreements, non-competition agreements, local programming and marketing agreements, closing documentation, and other corporate contracts, conducts due diligence and handles closings.
- Represents clients in the purchase and sale of television and radio stations.
- Counsels clients in connection with acquisitions, sales, and exchanges of numerous radio stations in multiple markets for publicly traded and private companies.
- Drafts and negotiates a wide variety of intellectual property and services agreements.
- Drafts and negotiates purchase agreements on behalf of government contractors.
- Counsels clients in general corporate compliance matters, including drafting bylaws, operating agreements, and merger agreements.
- Assists non-profit corporations with filing for tax exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and general compliance issues.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Fellow, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) (2017)
- Board Member and Committee Chair, DC Family & Youth Initiative
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-chair, Transactional Practice Committee (2014)
- National Bar Association (NBA)
- Global Advisory Board, Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF)
- Women's Bar Association (WBA)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Telecom and Broadcast Regulatory Law and Telecom and Broadcast Transactional Law (2018)
- Named one of DC's "Rising Stars" for Business/Corporate by Super Lawyers magazine (2016-2017)
- Named one of City Year Washington, DC's Idealists of the Year (2013)
J.D., Howard University School of Law
B.A., University of Virginia
Member, Howard Law Journal
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Launches Coronavirus Task Force to Help Clients With Emerging IssuesMarch 26, 2020
- EventM&A Due Diligence Considerations for Deals Involving Government ContractorsThe NBA-CLS Corporate Counsel ConferenceFebruary 13, 2020
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 42 Wiley Rein Lawyers Across Six Practice Areas NationallyJune 1, 2018
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Hosts Luncheon Featuring Professor Justin Hansford, in Celebration of Black History MonthFebruary 28, 2018