Hume advises clients regarding federal and state regulatory compliance and in related litigation and administrative proceedings. A former practicing civil engineer, he focuses on the chemical, construction, consumer product, and insurance industries.
- Advises manufacturers and trade associations regarding compliance with the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and other environmental laws and regulations.
- Consults regarding requirements for product and service offerings arising from building, energy, and safety codes, the Clean Air Act (CAA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsels insurers in a variety of professional liability matters, with a focus on construction-defect, environmental contamination, and cybersecurity.
- Law Clerk, U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), Office of Unfair Import Investigations (2015)
- Civil Engineer, VStructural, LLC (VSL) (2006-2014)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America directory of “Ones to Watch” for Administrative/Regulatory Law (2023)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., The George Washington University
Executive Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Related News & Insights
- Press Release54 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2023 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®August 18, 2022
- Blog PostBuilding Energy Performance Standards – Coming to A City, County or State Near You?The WELLHume M. RossJuly 14, 2021
- ArticleGenetic Engineering and the Endangered Species ActLaw360Ann M. Begley, Hume M. RossFebruary 18, 2021
- Blog PostNews from California: Labels Are About to Get LongerThe WELLHume M. RossFebruary 1, 2021