Hume advises clients regarding federal and state regulatory compliance and in related litigation and administrative proceedings. A former practicing civil engineer, he focuses on the chemical, construction, consumer product, and insurance industries.
- Advises manufacturers and trade associations regarding compliance with the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and other environmental laws and regulations.
- Consults regarding requirements for product and service offerings arising from building, energy, and safety codes, the Clean Air Act (CAA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsels insurers in a variety of professional liability matters, with a focus on construction-defect, environmental contamination, and cybersecurity.
- Law Clerk, U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), Office of Unfair Import Investigations (2015)
- Civil Engineer, VStructural, LLC (VSL) (2006-2014)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., The George Washington University
Executive Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- AlertCDC Issues Guidance on Potentially Exposed Critical Infrastructure WorkersTracy Heinzman, Hume M. RossApril 13, 2020
- NewsletterInsurer’s Failure to Obtain Allocation in Arbitration Award Results in Coverage for Full AwardExecutive SummaryApril 2020
- AlertEPA Publishes Enforcement Discretion Policy During COVID-19 PandemicErik C. Baptist, Tracy Heinzman, Martha E. Marrapese, David B. Weinberg, Hume M. RossMarch 27, 2020
- NewsletterMassachusetts SJC: E&O Insurers May Allow Insureds to Veto Settlement, But Settlement-Related Duties to Claimants RemainExecutive SummaryMarch 1, 2020