Hume advises clients regarding federal and state regulatory compliance and in related litigation and administrative proceedings. A former practicing civil engineer, he focuses on the chemical, construction, consumer product, and insurance industries.
- Advises manufacturers and trade associations regarding compliance with the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), and other environmental laws and regulations.
- Consults regarding requirements for product and service offerings arising from building, energy, and safety codes, the Clean Air Act (CAA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- Conducts regulatory due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions.
- Counsels insurers in a variety of professional liability matters, with a focus on construction-defect, environmental contamination, and cybersecurity.
- Law Clerk, U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), Office of Unfair Import Investigations (2015)
- Civil Engineer, VStructural, LLC (VSL) (2006-2014)
J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., The George Washington University
Executive Editor, Georgetown Environmental Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- EventFederal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) OverviewACA - 2020 Member Webinar SeriesJanuary 15, 2020
- NewsletterCivil Contempt Proceeding Inherently Seeks Non-Covered “Sanctions”Executive SummaryDecember 2019
- AlertFTC “Made in the USA” Workshop Explores Future of Enforcement and Potential RulemakingDuane C. Pozza, Maureen E. Thorson, Hume M. RossOctober 3, 2019
- NewsletterDeclaratory Judgment Pleading and Allocation: Don’t Demand “All or Nothing” Unless You Really Mean ItExecutive SummaryOctober 1, 2019