Alan has more than 30 years of experience representing clients in high-profile, complex international trade regulatory matters, including trade litigation involving public and government relations issues. In addition to being chair of the firm’s International Trade Practice, he heads the firm’s antidumping and countervailing duty practice. He also counsels clients on bilateral and multilateral agreements, trade legislation, customs regulation, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) compliance issues, escape clause investigations, and World Trade Organization (WTO) dispute resolution. Regularly rated by Chambers USA as one of the nation’s “Leading Lawyers” in his field, Alan “gets solid results consistently” (2016) and is commended for his “big-picture oriented approach” (2014). Clients have described him as “attentive, responsive and insightful" (Chambers USA 2017) and as “a ‘go to’ lawyer” who is “knowledgeable, efficient and client focused” (The Legal 500 US 2013).
- Represents numerous domestic steel producers in antidumping and countervailing duty investigations covering carbon, alloy, and stainless products.
- Lead international trade counsel to Nucor Corporation, the largest and most diversified domestic steel producer, on international trade matters.
- Lead counsel to Wind Tower Trade Coalition in U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty cases involving renewable energy products.
- Represents domestic producers of aluminum extrusions in antidumping and countervailing duty disputes.
- Advises U.S. industry and the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) in connection with WTO disputes regarding China's raw material export restrictions.
- Represents domestic producers of paper products in antidumping and countervailing duty disputes.
- Advises the USTR on bilateral and multilateral trade negotiations.
- Represented numerous steel mills in the Steel Safeguards Investigation, a multi-faceted legal, political, and public relations effort that led to the temporary import relief being imposed by President Bush.
- Represented Rockwell International in its antidumping case against newspaper printing press imports.
- Represented Eastman Kodak in its antidumping case against Fuji Photo Film on photographic products.
- Regularly represents clients in matters before the U.S. Court of International Trade, Executive branch, Congress, the U.S. International Trade Commission (USITC), U.S. Department of Commerce (DOC), and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- President (2012-2014), Vice President and President Elect (2010-2012), Committee to Support U.S. Trade Laws (CSUSTL)
- Recognized as one of the nation's top Regulatory Trailblazers & Pioneers by The National Law Journal (2015)
- Listed by Chambers Global as one of the "Leaders in Their Field" for his work in Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (2009, 2011-2021)
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" in International Trade: Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (2007-2021)
- Named by Chambers Global a leading international trade lawyer and described as "great on the petitioner side" (2008)
- Named a "Leading Lawyer" in Legal Media Group's Expert Guides: Guide to the World's Leading International Trade Lawyers (2007-2008, 2010)
- Included in The International Who's Who of Trade & Customs Lawyers (2008-2011, 2015-2016, 2019) and The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers (2008-2011)
- Named one of DC's "Super Lawyers" for International by Super Lawyers magazine (2013-2020)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "Leading Lawyer" (2021) and recognized in International Trade (2013-2021)
- Named by Law360 as an International Trade MVP (2015)
- Named by Lawdragon a "Leading Lawyers" Finalist (2007)
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., with high honors, State University of New York at Stony Brook
Topics Editor, The George Washington Journal of International Law and Economics
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Lewis Specter, Senior Judge, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (1983-1984)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- AlertDemocrats Introduce Carbon Border Adjustment LegislationAlan H. Price, Timothy C. Brightbill, Christopher B. Weld, Erik C. Baptist, Theodore P. BrackemyreJuly 21, 2021
- AlertCourt of Appeals Upholds Increases to Section 232 Tariffs on Turkish SteelAlan H. Price, Timothy C. Brightbill, Maureen E. ThorsonJuly 13, 2021
- EventEnvironment and TradeCRU World Aluminium Virtual Conference 2021June 15, 2021
- Press ReleaseLegal 500 US Recognizes 44 Wiley Lawyers Across Seven Practice Areas NationallyJune 11, 2021