Wiley Rein Receives 2018 National Diversity Award from AT&T
Washington, DC — Wiley Rein LLP, which boasts a preeminent Telecom, Media & Technology (TMT) Practice, is pleased to announce that the firm is the 2018 recipient of the AT&T Legal Department Diversity and Inclusion Pipeline Award.
Jennifer D. Hindin, partner in Wiley Rein’s TMT Practice and chair of the Space and Satellite Practice, accepted the award on behalf of the firm on May 2 at the AT&T Legal Conference in Dallas. The annual award highlights law firms that have made the greatest strides and progress toward the goal of diversity and inclusion in the legal profession.
“We are proud to partner with AT&T, and share their vision and commitment to diversity and inclusion in the legal community,” said Ms. Hindin. “It is a tremendous honor to receive this award.”
“We understand how important individual cultures and identities are to the overall success of our firm,” said Diversity and Inclusion Committee chair Anna M. Gomez, who is a partner in Wiley Rein’s TMT Practice. “We are committed to fostering an environment where all employees and clients feel welcome and empowered to succeed.”
Wiley Rein has many diversity initiatives that contributed to this recognition from AT&T, including:
- Sponsoring the National Association for Law Placement/Street Law Legal Diversity Pipeline Program
- Hosting an annual “Law Day” program for Thurgood Marshall Academy
- Participating in the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity’s (LCLD) 1L Scholars Program
- Attending 1L networking receptions at many law schools
- Organizing Women in Government Contracts (WiGC) programs
- Partnering with the Public Leadership Education Network (PLEN) to assist with their annual Women, Law, and Legal Advocacy seminar
- Sponsoring events for the American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law, Diversity Committee
- Active Participation in groups that promote diversity in the legal profession
Wiley Rein is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that reflects the rich cultural and ethnic diversity of our client base. Please click here to learn more about the firm’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Senior Communications Manager