WRF Attorneys File Petitions in U.S. Supreme Court First Amendment Case
On June 25, 2004, WRF filed both an opposition to a petition for certiorari and a conditional cross-petition for certiorari before the United States Supreme Court in RIAA, Inc. v. Verizon Internet Services, Inc. (No. 03-1579, docketed May 26, 2004).
The case raises important issues under the Digital Millenium Copyright Act and the First Amendment and Article III of the United States Constitution. The Court's decision regarding whether to hear the case is expected this Fall.
WRF Appellate attorneys Andrew G. McBride and Kathryn Comerford Todd and Intellectual Property attorneys Bruce G. Joseph and Kayrn K. Ablin were responsible for the filings.
- Class Actions and Complex Multi-Jurisdiction Litigation
- Enforcement of Arbitration Clauses
- Federal Preemption
- First Amendment/Commercial Speech
- Intellectual Property
- Judicial Review of Agency Action
- Rights-of-Way Litigation and Counseling
- Telecom, Media & Technology
- Tower Siting and Wireless Facilities Access
- Video Programming and Cable Franchising
Senior Communications Manager