Ysabelle represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability policies.
- Obtained ruling by Illinois state court granting excess fiduciary liability insurer’s motion to dismiss lawsuit seeking coverage for defense in litigation against insured’s benefits plans over a buyback of the insured’s common stock because the policies, which cover only allegations relating to fiduciary obligations, were not triggered. Tribune Media Co. v. U.S. Specialty Insurance Co. et al., 2019 CH 08330 (Cir. Ct. Cook Cty. 2020)
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Harvard Mediation Program (HMP)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Ateneo de Manila University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- NewsletterCoverage for Stockholder Suits Not Barred By Prior Acts Exclusion or Bump-Up ProvisionExecutive SummaryApril 2021
- NewsletterNo Coverage for Three Lawsuits Related to Email Not Timely Noticed; No Showing of Prejudice Required Where Notice Not As Soon As PracticableExecutive SummaryApril 2021
- NewsletterNegligent Misrepresentation Claim Not Barred By Exclusion for Dishonest ConductExecutive SummaryApril 2021
- NewsletterInsurer Entitled to Rescind Policy Due to Insured’s Failure to Disclose Contract Dispute and Potential Claim on ApplicationExecutive SummaryApril 2021