Ysabelle represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability policies.
- Obtained ruling by Illinois state court granting excess fiduciary liability insurer’s motion to dismiss lawsuit seeking coverage for defense in litigation against insured’s benefits plans over a buyback of the insured’s common stock because the policies, which cover only allegations relating to fiduciary obligations, were not triggered. Tribune Media Co. v. U.S. Specialty Insurance Co. et al., 2019 CH 08330 (Cir. Ct. Cook Cty. 2020)
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Harvard Mediation Program (HMP)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Ateneo de Manila University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostNotice of Circumstances Sent to Underwriter Does Not Constitute Notice of a Claim Under Claims-Made-and-Reported PoliciesWiley Executive SummaryYsabelle G. ReyesFebruary 2, 2023
- Blog Post‘Wrongful Acts’ Includes Both Negligent and Intentional ActsWiley Executive SummaryYsabelle G. ReyesNovember 21, 2022
- Blog PostNotice-Prejudice Rule Inapplicable Where Insured Fails to Provide Any Notice Under Claims-Made PoliciesWiley Executive SummaryYsabelle G. ReyesSeptember 1, 2022
- Blog PostLosses Reported by Property Insurer’s Customers Constitute “Claims” Under Insurer’s E&O PolicyWiley Executive SummaryYsabelle G. ReyesJune 27, 2022