Ysabelle represents insurers in connection with coverage issues and disputes arising under professional liability and general liability policies.
- Obtained ruling by Illinois state court granting excess fiduciary liability insurer’s motion to dismiss lawsuit seeking coverage for defense in litigation against insured’s benefits plans over a buyback of the insured’s common stock because the policies, which cover only allegations relating to fiduciary obligations, were not triggered. Tribune Media Co. v. U.S. Specialty Insurance Co. et al., 2019 CH 08330 (Cir. Ct. Cook Cty. 2020)
- Advises insurers on coverage issues, including applicability of various policy exclusions and conditions.
- Drafts motions and pleadings on behalf of insurers involved in coverage litigation.
- Conducts legal research addressing a wide variety of substantive and procedural issues for clients involved in complex insurance litigation.
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Harvard Mediation Program (HMP)
J.D., Harvard Law School
B.A., Ateneo de Manila University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostInvasion of Privacy Exclusion Bars D&O Coverage for BIPA Suit But EPL Coverage Potentially AppliesWiley Executive SummaryYsabelle G. ReyesNovember 4, 2021
- Blog PostPrior Knowledge Exclusion Bars Coverage for Entire Lawsuit Alleging Multiple Instances of WrongdoingWiley Executive SummaryYsabelle G. ReyesAugust 31, 2021
- NewsletterPrior Knowledge Provisions Barred Coverage for Malpractice Claim Based on Pre-Policy Sanctions and Default JudgmentExecutive SummaryMay 2021
- NewsletterAlleged Breach of Fiduciary Duty Not a “Securities Claim”Executive SummaryMay 2021