Wayne represents broadcasters, cable operators, programmers, satellite operators, wireless companies and financial institutions in a variety of regulatory, corporate, and transactional matters. He has extensive experience assisting clients with broadcast licensing and radio and television regulation, must carry, retransmission consent, program access, cable franchising, Federal Communications Commission (FCC) ownership rules and policies, and foreign ownership issues, including FCC and Team Telecom reviews. He has assisted clients in structuring and obtaining regulatory approvals of transactions involving broadcasters, cable operators, satellite operators, wireless and other telecommunications companies.
- Counsels clients on FCC rulemaking proceedings, including those implementing the 1992 Cable Act and the Telecommunications Act of 1996.
- Advises broadcasters on compliance with FCC regulations and assists in negotiation and execution of retransmission consent agreements.
- Assists broadcasters in structuring transactions and obtaining regulatory approvals.
- Advises investment companies in transactions and maintaining compliance with FCC ownership rules.
- Advises cable clients in negotiations with local franchise authorities regarding renewal of cable franchises.
- Analyzes the regulations that would apply for a company to offer video using an existing, hybrid, or new network.
- Represented Charter, AOL/Time Warner, Comcast, and other cable operators in transactions requiring FCC and local franchise authority consent to transfers of control of cable franchise. Involved in preparing and implementing strategies to obtain regulatory consents.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Federal Communications Bar Association (FCBA)
- Co-Chair, Video Programming and Distribution Committee (2014-2017)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
M.S., S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University
B.A., summa cum laude, State University College at Buffalo
Associate Editor, Georgetown University Tax Lawyer
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
Related News & Insights
- Blog PostFCC Sets October 12, 2018 Deadline for Registration of United States-Based Foreign Media OutletsSeptember 23, 2018
- ArticleCompanies Will Feel The Weight Of Team Telecom OversightJune 4, 2018
- AlertNow Effective – The FCC’s New Framework for Public Companies to Assess Foreign Ownership ComplianceApril 20, 2017
- AlertNow Effective – The FCC’s Streamlined Broadcast Foreign Ownership Rules and New Rules Governing Foreign Ownership ComplianceApril 20, 2017