Tracye counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of government contracting issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, subcontract formation and performance issues, compliance with ethics and procurement integrity laws, and government investigations and audits.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including monetary claims under the Contract Disputes Act (CDA) and appeals of terminations for default, including defective pricing claims under the Truthful Cost or Pricing Data Act (formerly TINA), to the Boards of Contract Appeals and the Court of Federal Claims (COFC).
- Prosecutes and defends bid protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO), COFC, and state courts and procurement agencies, including GAO protests involving the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) award of Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) contracts.
- Conducts internal investigations and assists government contractors with responding to Inspector General (IG) and Department of Justice (DOJ) subpoenas and investigations, including allegations of False Claims Act (FCA) violations.
- Assists government contractors in responding to government suspension and debarment officials.
- Represents government contractors in negotiation of teaming and subcontracting agreements and prime-subcontractor disputes.
- Counsels clients in the development and implementation of government contracts ethics and compliance and training programs.
- Advises government contractors on recent statutory and regulatory developments, including questions related to the Buy American Act and Trade Agreements Act (TAA).
- Conducts due diligence on behalf of buyers, sellers, and underwriters on issues unique to government contractors.
- Adjunct Professor in Government Contracts, Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University (Fall 2019-Present)
- Professional Staff Member, Senate Select Committee on Intelligence (1999-2005)
- Legislative Assistant, Senator Richard C. Shelby (1997-1999)
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Council Member
- Vice-Chair, Membership Committee (2019)
- Co-Chair, Federal Procurement Institute (2014)
- Co-Chair, Legislative Coordinating Committee (2013-Present)
- Vice-Chair, Strategic Alliances, Teaming, and Subcontracting Committee (2009-2014)
- District of Columbia Bar, Government Contracts and Litigation Section, Steering Committee
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
- Listed by Chambers USA as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" (2020) and "America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Up and Coming" in Government Contracts (2017-2019)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Government Contracts (2015-2016, 2020)
J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center; Order of the Coif
B.S., Georgetown University
Current Developments Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Lawrence S. Margolis, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (2006-2007)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- EventDecember 2020 Case of the MonthPublic Contracting InstituteDecember 1, 2020
- EventNovember 2020 Case of the MonthPublic Contracting InstituteNovember 3, 2020
- EventOctober 2020 Case of the MonthPublic Contracting InstituteOctober 6, 2020
- EventSeptember 2020 Case of the MonthPublic Contracting InstituteSeptember 1, 2020