Nicole serves as consulting counsel to Wiley. She has significant experience representing clients in complex civil litigation and high-stakes insurance matters.
- Experience representing relators in cases brought under the False Claims Act and defending lawsuits alleging offenses such as Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) violations, fraud, defamation, breach of contract, misappropriation, and bribery.
- Served as second-chair at various points for multi-week trial for a government contractor in dispute over teaming agreement and theft of trade secrets. Futrend Technology, Inc. v. MicroHealth LLC, et al., Case No. CL2018-14995 (Va.).
- Part of a team that successfully defended the Republican National Committee in a copyright infringement case involving fair use in political ads.
- Successfully represented a plaintiff in a discrimination lawsuit, brought under the Americans with Disabilities Act, that was described by The Wall Street Journal as “a bellwether for all colleges and universities.”
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an insurer in a coverage action in Maryland federal court involving both D&O and Employment Practices Liability coverage issues.
- Member of the litigation team representing Professor Alan Dershowitz in a highly publicized defamation case in state court in Florida, which was resolved in April 2016 with the parties issuing a Joint Statement in which the opposing parties withdrew the allegations against Professor Dershowitz.
- Represented general liability carriers in litigation involving coverage disputes and allegations of bad faith.
- Represented professional liability insurer in coverage disputes involving claims against directors and officers, lawyers, and accountants.
- Represented government contractors in commercial disputes and complex litigations.
- Director of Government Affairs Operations, Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America, Inc. (2009-2012)
- Legal Intern, Office of the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, Criminal Division, Fraud & Public Corruption Section (2013)
- Judicial Intern, The Honorable Gregory E. Jackson, Superior Court of the District of Columbia (2012)
- Scheduler and Executive Assistant, Office of U.S. Congresswoman Kay Granger (2008-2009)
- Staff Assistant, Office of U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (2007-2008)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia (BADC)
- Maryland State Bar Association (MSBA)
- Member, Litigation Practice Group Executive Committee, The Federalist Society
J.D., with honors, The George Washington University Law School
B.A., The University of Texas at Austin
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- Texas Bar
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Legal Lean Sigma Institute (LLSI) White Belt
Related News & Insights
- Press ReleaseWiley Recognizes More Than 40 Individuals in Eighth Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationNovember 3, 2020
- NewsletterOregon Flirts With Contribution Limits: Will They or Won’t They?Election Law NewsSeptember 2020
- Press ReleaseWiley Rein Recognizes 19 Individuals in Seventh Annual Pro Bono Program CelebrationOctober 29, 2019
- ArticleDecision Spotlight: Air & Liquid Systems Corp. v. DevriesThe Federalist SocietyNicole Audet RichardsonMarch 21, 2019