Liz represents clients in a wide range of international trade matters, including customs law and antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings. Liz represents clients in a variety of trade remedy proceedings before the U.S. Department of Commerce (Commerce), the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and related litigation before the U.S. Court of International Trade and U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Her work involves a broad range of industries, including aluminum extrusions, large diameter line and structural pipe, and manufactured wood products. Liz has particular expertise in issues related to enforcement of U.S. trade remedy orders.
- Represents clients in all aspects of antidumping and countervailing duty investigations, administrative reviews, circumvention and scope proceedings, sunset reviews, and corresponding court appeals.
- Advises clients on matters related to enforcement of U.S. trade remedy orders before Commerce and CBP. Assists clients in submitting Enforce and Protect Act (EAPA) allegations and e-allegations to CBP to combat evasion of antidumping and countervailing duties.
- Advised clients and drafted submissions to the ITC for consideration in the miscellaneous tariff bill process for duty suspensions and reductions.
- Advised clients and drafted submissions to the United States Trade Representative for consideration in a Section 301 investigation.
- Student Attorney, The Community Justice Project, Georgetown University Law Center (2015)
- Legal Intern, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (2014)
- American Bar Association
- Pathfinder, Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) 2022
- Recognized by Law360 as a "Rising Star" in International Trade (2023)
- Included in The Best Lawyers of America directory for International Trade (2024) and Finance Law (2024)
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.S., Northwestern University; Lambda Pi Eta
Member, Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Related News & Insights
- Press Release64 Wiley Attorneys Recognized in 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 17, 2023
- Media MentionRising Star: Wiley Rein's Elizabeth S. LeeLaw360July 20, 2023
- Press ReleaseWiley’s Sara Baxenberg, Matthew Beato, and Elizabeth Lee Named ‘Rising Stars’ by Law360June 20, 2023
- Media MentionTrade Court Shuts Door On Cabinet Co.'s Duty Evasion SuitLaw360June 20, 2023