Lisa counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, subcontract formation and termination, compliance with ethics and procurement integrity laws, and government investigations.
In addition to her core work, Lisa maintains an active pro bono practice. She also serves as a mentor for the Georgetown Law Next Gen National Security Leaders initiative.
- Prosecutes and defends pre- and post-award bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and federal agencies.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including mediations and appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Counsels clients in the development of government contracts ethics and corporate compliance programs, including programs to prevent or mitigate organizational conflicts of interests.
- Advises on a wide range of government contracts performance issues arising throughout the lifecycle of the contract from award and subcontracting agreements to contract completion and turnover.
- Counsels clients on a range of national security compliance issues that arise under classified contracts and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual.
- Counsels clients on intellectual property disputes and negotiations with the government.
- Counsels clients on U.S. Department of Defense regulations and post-government employment restrictions.
- Advises clients on campaign finance issues relating to using funds stemming from government contracts.
- Advises clients on responding to government investigations and grand jury subpoenas and on potential liability and disclosure obligations.
- Counsels health care insurers and affiliates in their work with federal and state health care programs.
- Successfully defended the Air Force in GAO bid protests while on active duty.
- Chief Legal Officer, Crumbs & Whiskers (2021-2022)
- Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, United States Air Force (2018-2022)
- Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Counterterrorism Section, National Security Division (2016)
- Intern, U.S. Federal Communications Commission, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau (2016)
- Intern, International Development Finance Corporation (then Overseas Private Investment Corporation) (2015)
LL.M., National Security Law, with distinction, Georgetown University Law Center
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., summa cum laude, DePaul University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
Related News & Insights
- ArticleHow Tech Firms Can Protect IP Rights on Federal Agency ContractsBloomberg LawJohn R. Prairie, Scott A. Felder, Lisa RechdenMay 10, 2023
- AlertDeadline Approaching for Submitting Comments on FHWA’s Review of Longstanding Buy America Waiver for “Manufactured Products”Kevin J. Maynard, Cara L. Sizemore, Lisa RechdenMay 5, 2023
- AlertNDAA Will Impact Government Contractors, Supply Chains, and Federal Acquisition ProcessMegan L. Brown, Tracye Winfrey Howard, Hon. Nazak Nikakhtar, J. Ryan Frazee, Lisa Rechden, Travis StollerDecember 22, 2022
- Blog PostFAR Council Proposes to Create a New Standard of Contractor Responsibility: Requiring Contractors to Disclose Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Climate-Related Financial RiskThe WELLTracye Winfrey Howard, Kara M. Sacilotto, Tracy Heinzman, Richard B. O'Keeffe, Jr., Lisa Rechden, Teresita RegelbruggeNovember 17, 2022