Lisa counsels and represents government contractors and subcontractors on a broad range of legal issues, including bid protests, contract claims and disputes, subcontract formation and termination, compliance with ethics and procurement integrity laws, intellectual property disputes, artificial intelligence framework, and government investigations. Lisa also represents clients in a variety of matters related to government contracting in federal courts. She has experience in all phases of litigation, including motions practice, discovery, and working with fact and expert witnesses.
In addition to her core work, Lisa maintains an active pro bono practice. She also serves as a mentor for the Georgetown Law Next Gen National Security Leaders initiative.
- Prosecutes and defends pre- and post-award bid protests before the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, and federal agencies.
- Represents government contractors in disputes with the federal government, including mediations and appeals of contracting officer final decisions to the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Represents government contractors in disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions of other government contractors.
- Counsels clients in the development of government contracts ethics and corporate compliance programs, including programs to prevent or mitigate organizational conflicts of interests.
- Advises clients on responding to government investigations and grand jury subpoenas and on potential liability and disclosure obligations.
- Advises on a wide range of government contracts performance issues arising throughout the lifecycle of the contract from award and subcontracting agreements to contract completion and turnover.
- Counsels clients on a range of national security compliance issues that arise under classified contracts and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual.
- Counsels clients on intellectual property disputes and negotiations with the government.
- Counsels clients on U.S. Department of Defense regulations and post-government employment restrictions.
- Advises clients on campaign finance issues relating to using funds stemming from government contracts.
- Counsels health care insurers and affiliates in their work with federal and state health care programs.
- Successfully defended the Air Force in GAO bid protests while on active duty.
- Chief Legal Officer, Crumbs & Whiskers (2021-2022)
- Assistant Staff Judge Advocate, United States Air Force (2018-2022)
- Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, Counterterrorism Section, National Security Division (2016)
- Intern, U.S. Federal Communications Commission, Public Safety and Homeland Security Bureau (2016)
- Intern, International Development Finance Corporation (then Overseas Private Investment Corporation) (2015)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Vice-Chair, Section of Public Contract Law, Intellectual Property Committee (2023-Present)
- Women’s Bar Association (2022-Present)
LL.M., National Security Law, with distinction, Georgetown University Law Center
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
B.A., summa cum laude, DePaul University
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- Media MentionWatchdog Clears $103.5M FTC Deal Of Conflicts ComplaintLaw360November 21, 2023
- AlertOMB Proposes Far-Reaching AI Risk Management Guidance Following AI Executive OrderDuane C. Pozza, Kara M. Sacilotto, Kathleen E. Scott, Lauren N. Johnson, Lisa RechdenNovember 7, 2023
- Press ReleaseWiley Accepts 2023 Pro Bono Law Firm Award from DC KinCareNovember 7, 2023
- AlertNew AI Executive Order Outlines Sweeping Approach to AIDuane C. Pozza, Kathleen E. Scott, Kara M. Sacilotto, Lisa Rechden, Lauren N. JohnsonOctober 31, 2023