Kimberly has experience in all segments of U.S. trade remedy litigation and administrative proceedings, international trade disputes, and international trade policy matters, including those related to United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) enforcement and compliance. She represents clients in antidumping and countervailing duties (AD/CVD), Section 201, Section 232, and Section 301 and trade policy matters. Kimberly also maintains a pro bono practice.
- Litigated a USMCA dispute defending the consistency of the U.S. interpretation of USMCA automotive rules of origin, including drafting and filing written submissions to the panel, drafting oral statements, and delivering oral argument.
- Co-lead counsel on the Section 301 Vietnam timber investigation, including successfully negotiating an agreement between the United States and Vietnam to resolve the investigation, drafting agreement text, advising client offices, senior U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) officials, and U.S. agencies on compliance with applicable notice, consultation and reporting procedures, and legal background and outcomes.
- Co-lead counsel on the first-ever USMCA environment consultations with Mexico, including undertaking legal analysis and providing legal counsel to client office.
- Covered USMCA environment enforcement portfolio, including tracking implementation of USMCA environment obligations and providing legal counsel to client offices, senior USTR officials, and U.S. agencies on compliance matters.
- Represented foreign exporters, U.S. importers, and foreign governments in all segments of U.S. trade remedy litigation and administrative proceedings, international trade disputes, and international trade policy matters before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, U.S. Court of International Trade, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. International Trade Commission, USTR, U.S. Congress, and the World Trade Organization (WTO), including AD/CVD, Section 201, Section 232, and Section 301 proceedings.
- Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR)
- Assistant General Counsel, Office of the General Counsel (2020-2022)
- Extern, Office of Environment and Natural Resources (2016-2017)
- Private law practice (2017-2020)
- Editor-in-Chief, American University Sustainable Development Law and Policy Brief (2017)
- Legal Intern, Center for International Environmental Law (2016)
J.D., American University Washington College of Law
B.A., Portland State University, Honors College
Symposium Editor, American University International Law Review
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Minnesota Bar