Kevin represents clients on all aspects of federal, state, and local procurement matters, including contract claims and disputes, bid protests, government investigations and audits, civil false claims act actions, and compliance issues.
- Regularly represents clients in bid protests at the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, as well as state courts.
- Assists clients in analyzing, preparing, submitting, and negotiating certified claims, requests for equitable adjustment, as well as termination settlement proposals, including successful resolution of certified claims valued at more than $200 million under major IT outsourcing contract.
- Has represented clients in proceedings before the Boards of Contracts Appeals, including successful appeal of Contracting Officer's denial of claim for price adjustment and successful resolution of claims relating to termination of IT services contract, through alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
- Extensive experience with government and internal investigations, contractor disclosures, compliance reviews, subpoena responses, False Claims Act litigation and investigations, and suspension and debarment matters.
- Particular experience on issues relating to the government's acquisition of commercial products and services under Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 12, as well as a variety of issues relating to General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule contracts, including commercial sales practices (CSP) disclosures, price reductions, audits, Contractor Assistance Visits, and other Schedule contracting issues.
- Assists clients in crafting and negotiating a wide variety of complex business agreements ranging from contract restructurings, subcontracts, licenses, and other proprietary information agreements, strategic alliances, and teaming agreements. Also advises clients on government contracts issues relating to mergers and acquisitions, such as conducting due diligence and responding to Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) reviews.
- Regularly counsels clients on a variety of government contracts issues, including data rights and other intellectual property issues; country of origin issues under the Buy American Act (BAA) and the Trade Agreements Act (TAA); small business subcontracting and socioeconomic obligations; the Service Contract Act (SCA) and related compliance issues; and protection of proprietary and confidential information from release under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).
- American Bar Association (ABA), Section of Public Contract Law
- Vice Chair, Procurement Fraud Committee (2011-Present)
- Vice-Chair (2019), Co-Chair (2007-2011), Commercial Products and Services Committee
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Government Contracts and Litigation Section Steering Committee
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA)
- Named by The Legal 500 US a "recommended lawyer" in Government Contracts (2019)
- AV Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell's highest ranking by peers for general ethical standards and legal ability
J.D., with high honors, The George Washington University Law School; Order of the Coif
B.A., Cornell University
Member, The George Washington Law Review
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Lawrence S. Margolis, U.S. Court of Federal Claims (1996-1997)
Bar and Court Memberships
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Related News & Insights
- AlertPresident Biden Directs More Changes to Buy American RulesKevin J. Maynard, Christopher B. Weld, Nova J. Daly, Cara L. LasleyJanuary 26, 2021
- AlertSignificant Changes To Long-Standing Buy American Act RulesKevin J. Maynard, Christopher B. Weld, Nova J. Daly, Cara L. LasleyJanuary 19, 2021
- AlertBrazil Seeks to Join WTO’s Government Procurement Agreement as U.S. Mulls WithdrawalChristopher B. Weld, Kevin J. Maynard, Tessa CapelotoMay 27, 2020
- AlertGovernment Contractor’s “Coronavirus Checklist”Kevin J. Maynard, Tracye Winfrey Howard, Todd A. BrombergApril 24, 2020